Q & A user permissions: Creating a Question approval process

I have viewed the various settings for Q&A, but I can't seem to figure out how to set a "Question" approval process. Looking for "Submit question" and/or "Approve question" settings?

View questions.
Ask questions.
Edit questions.
Delete questions.
Edit others' questions.
Delete others' questions.
View answers.
Add answers.
Edit answers.
Delete answers.
Edit others' answers.
Delete others' answers.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

The plugin doesn't contain any feature to pre-moderate every question I'm afraid.

If you'd like this as a feature you could add a request to our feature requests forum and we'll see if anyone else is interested and whether it's worth adding in!

Phil

• Numedica
    • New Recruit

Hi there!
    I do need sort of an approval function for the questions too. Well, it should be fine if a question will be posted as a draft so that moderators can have a look via the wp-admin at all the incoming questions and switch to public later. So, is there a way to change the code in order to do not directly publish new questions?

• Imedo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Phil: Even if i put the user as subscriber and not uncheck any capabilities in Q&A plugin settings for them, they still are able to add questions and unswers. Like it doesn,t metter what i put there. its doesn,t give any effect,

All i want that i can be able to approve questions and answers.
    I think this is must thing in this plugin.
    Other then that, attacking websites with spam questions just so easy with simple registration.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Of course, because the plugin assume that any logged in user should be able to publish.

I see you've asked about this before but we didn't get any other attention for including a moderation feature.

For now, you could use a custom edit to achieve this by forcing any new posts to have the status of pending.

That'd mean editing the plugin so unless you're comfortable with that you'd need to hire a developer who would find it a very simple and quick alteration.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.