Q & Plugin Issue

Successfully installed the plugin. Configured the settings. Can not access the Page to ask a question. Designated URL redirects to "Wrong Membership Page".

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Are you running any sort of protection plugins such as Membership? They might be blocking access to the question page.

If you are running Membership check your Access Level rules to ensure you have the appropriate positive or negative rule to allow users on each level through the page.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings FDCC,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having issues with the Q&A plugin.

Have you configured and allocated privileges/permissions to all the user roles?

Questions --> Settings --> Accessibility Settings?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Sounds like it is a WishList Member setup issue.

The Wrong Membership Page is similar to the Non-Members Page, however it is the page that Members will see, instead of non-members, when they try to access areas and/or content of your site that is reserved for other membership levels.

So to fix this issue you will need to add your Q&A page to the access levels in WishList member that are able to access it. Or you can set the page to not have any protection by WishList member by editing the page and scrolling down to the WishList settings and turning protection off.

Let me know if that helps you.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

I've just ended up coming down with something like food poisoning so won't be around to answer questions much today.

If the Q&A plugin doesn't create a real page then it will be using a custom URL redirect which may make it tricker to disable protection on in WishList.

One thing you can try doing is add a page that matches the URL created by the Q&A plugin. This may prevent the Q&A plugin appearing but is worth a shot. If it does work then you can use the normal Wishlist Member protection settings for that page.

When I'm feeling better later I will install Q&A on one of my WishList Member sites and do some testing of my own.

• FDCC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Joe. It appears now, but with no background. Here is the link...http://69.89.31.185/~faithdel/questions/

Is there any way I can fix the background, add a featured image and sidebar. The page doesn't appear in the Pages dashboard.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings FDCC,

I did visit your site today and noticed that it was very slow and wondered why - I did a trace and now I know why - Blue Host and here is an explanation for your perusal.

Regarding the background and such - I have no clue as to what you are seeing because I have all of the above when I visited - screen shot below - and the questions page itself is a dynamic page so it does not appear in pages.

In the site admin dashboard in the Questions --> Settings --> there are a half dozen or so display settings to include the all encompassing Additional css Rules in which you can make any adjustment you like using css plus the ability to set where the sidebar is.

That should do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.