Regarding Yearly Membership Subscription, using my Membership for Clients websites & Next Year?

Im a website designer and I have purchase your Yearly (Gold Level) membership and my questions are:

1) Can I install WP Smush It Pro on my clients websites?
Since I purchased the membership for this year I would like to install the WP Smush It Pro on my clients website so they can also have the benefits of the Pro. Is this allowed? or does each client need to buy their own WP Smush it Pro?
I believe I can install on unlimited websites right? or just my own personal websites?
If it is allowed to install the Pro plugins on clients website, how many websites can I do it for?

One more Question: What happens to the Pro plugins I install on my clients website if I decide NOT to renew the yearly membership next year? I know the plugins/dashboard wont receive any further updates but will they still work? or will the plugins need to be removed and repurchased by each client?

Thank you in advance for your time :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Salespro Domains,

Hope you're well and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

1) Can I install WP Smush It Pro on my clients websites?

Yes, but keep in mind that you need to have WPMU DEV Dashboard installed before that because Smush uses API to connect to our servers. After the Smush is connected you can disable dashboard if you want as API key is saved in DB.
    With your membership you can use it on unlimited number of sites.

One more Question: What happens to the Pro plugins I install on my clients website if I decide NOT to renew the yearly membership next year?

If you cancel your membership and your account expires you can continue to use our plugins just as before but you will not have access to updates and won't be able to open new threads on support forum.

Hope this clears things up and let me know if you have any additional questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Salespro Domains

Thank you for your super quick reply :slight_smile:
    So just to be clear,
    I have a new client, on his wordpress website using MY OWN user login credentials for his site, I installed MY wpmu dashboard and then I installed the WP Smush it Pro, all is good and its working. Next year lets say I DON'T renew my WPMU membership, this client will still have FULL functionality of the WP Smush Pro minus the future updates and support right?
    Awesome!

This is what confused me:
    "After the Smush is connected you can disable dashboard if you want as API key is saved in DB."

Once I install Wp Smush It Pro and then disable or remove the WP MU Dashboard WONT the Smush It Pro stop working?

If I lose contact with my client in the future and I disable my WPMU dashboard won't my client NOT have Wp Smush It pro anymore?

I just wanna make sure that my client doesn't get stuck without the WP Smush it functionality even if he is no longer my client in the future.

What Yahoo did to you guys (and us) was not right, and you guys fixed the issue rather fast (good job!) however now I just wanna make sure that my clients wont' suffer in the future if I'm not available to them or if they choose to hire a different web developer.

Basically I wanna make sure that my client dont HAVE to rely on MY WPMU Membership for next year and going forward (just incase I dont renew my membership with you guys).

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Salespro Domains,

Let's start with this, if you are working for client I would suggest creating different account for him and limit dashboard access only to your account because your client will have access to WPMUDEV via the plugin, you can do this by adding this to your wp-config.php file:
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1');

Once I install Wp Smush It Pro and then disable or remove the WP MU Dashboard WONT the Smush It Pro stop working?

Once you have logged in to dashboard it creates meta option in the DB, so once you have done this you can disable plugin as smush checks api key in DB.

I forgot to mention above that WP Smush Pro does require paid membership to work, but if you cancel the membership you can still continue to use free services:
    - Optimize your images using advanced lossless compression techniques.
    - Process JPEG, GIF and PNG image files.
    - Auto-Smush your attachments on upload.
    - Manually smush your attachments individually in the media library, or in bulk 50 attachments at a time.
    - Smush all images 1MB or smaller.
    - Use of WPMU DEV's fast and reliable Smush API service.
    - View advanced compression stats per-attachment and library totals.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Salespro Domains,

Sorry for the delay on this one, I was away for this weekend.

I was talking about WordPress account.
    If you are making a site for your client and you install WP for him you will have access to first account which has ID 1 and then you create new admin account for your client and use the code from my previous comment to make the dashboard visible only for user with ID 1, which is you.
    This way user will still be able to update his plugins via default WP updates page but will not have access to your WPMUDEV dashboard and details.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.