Q&A 1.0.3 - No Sense and bugs

Last update 1.0.3 was terrible.

Thats why,

It rewrite all plugin files and folders.
What that means?

I had language files that i translated to use this plugin in hebrew, and after update to 1.0.3 - the PO and MO files that i created was gone.

2) There is no sense for "Default_template" folder.
this one brings 2 questions.

* How to import own themes in this plugin without editing the core and default template files?
* After update all my changes that i did in "Default_template" folder was overwritten after update and again all my work was gone. So the question is how users may use this plugin with there websites and there own compatible design.

If its gonna overwrite all files and folders and delete the work that was done earlier its make no sense and this is problematic.

So the question is, how to create templates for Q&A that will not take an effect every time that updates released?

thanks.

• Philip John

Hiya!

It rewrite all plugin files and folders.

That is the same for every plugin and theme - WordPress overwrites everything. You should always have a copy of any modifications you make, including translations.

There is no sense for "Default_template" folder

I'm not sure what you mean here but the default templates folder is there to provide a default look and feel so that the plugin can work when activated alongside many themes.

You can copy those default template files to your own theme if you wish to override the styling in any way.

After update all my changes that i did in "Default_template" folder was overwritten after update

You should never edit core plugin files. As explained above, you can copy the template files to your own theme if you want to change the custom styling.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.