Q&A a complete faliure at install

Have install your "dashboard" not sure what that that's suppose to do but it say QA is installed.

Set theme to 2012
installed plugin
uploaded files to theme directory
changed permalink
added general to style css
put add_theme_support( 'qa_style' ); on functions
set default page to "questions (a static page)

added a test question
(link) http://hobby-answers.com/questions/test-question/

so nothing works in this plugin you site shows a very nice looking page with questions which states
"With this plugin, you can bring full Questions and Answers functionality to any WordPress or BuddyPress site in mere minutes!"

so far I have several hours of messing with it and all I get is rubbish. the documentation is terrible, there seems to be no way to make it even come close to look like what the website shows,

and the line "All WPMU plugins and themes come with simple usage instructions, " is a complete lie. this is a default new install with no other plugins activated this should not be that complicated if the documentation was close to right.

Ho0w to get it to look like the website ad? From there I can tweak it to what I want but I cane even get the features of the plug in to show up as yet. As you can tell I am not a happy camper at the moment, we buy plugins and themes to save time and money not waste it.