Q&A Adding 'Sidebar' Under Main Form

Hi there,

Can't work out if I am being dumb here or not, and cannot find anything on forum regarding this.

I have installed and configured Q&A and it seems to work great, however, looking into the output code it is adding a div called sidebar which houses a search form and a UL with role of Navigation.

This adds the search box, Pages, Archives and Categories navigation below the Q&A form. This looks nasty!

I have trawled the plugin code looking for any reference to the sidebar but cannot find it to remove it.

Is there a way to stop this happening easily by removing the code?

I am using a YooTheme template which I beleive do not uses the standard wordpress template format.

Thanks for your help.

Stuart

• doogie88
    • New Recruit

I am having the same issues and signed up for support for this issue. I am not using the same theme though. I don't know what to look for.
    My leftside bar is being displayed underneath everything in the main column, and my right column is not showing.

• thebastion
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi doogie,

This may not be applicable to you, but I went to the 133 theme farm pack and searched through those to see which didn't have this issue. Now, being WPMU templates I thought none would have this issue, however most did.

I found 'Journalist 1.9 by Lucian E. Marin' to work fine and set up a sub domain for my Q&A with this template.

As I say, that may not be how you wish to set your site up but it was the only way I could find to resolve the issue quickly.

Stuart

• doogie88
    • New Recruit

Thanks, I was wondering if you got it fixed.
    Well it appears it's not a small problem then if most you checked had the same issue. Hopefully this can get fixed. If I go back to the default theme it works, so it doesn't appear to be a plugin issue, just something on some of the themes. But I have no idea what to look for.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi,

Sorry for the delay here - seems I didn't get the notifications of replies.

Can you provide a link to your site so I can see this in action please? As it works in the default theme for you that does mean that there isn't a problem with the plugin, but with your theme.

It's likely that your theme simply isn't applying the page template correctly. This will cause issues in many plugins, not just Q&A so really needs to be fixed by the theme developer.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.