Q&A allows all features for un-logged in users

What is VERY odd is that for a logged in user, I am able to control what they do.

I am using the membership plug-in from you guys as well. I've created a new subscription called Visitor and assigned it the inactive role.

In Q&A settings, I only allow inactive to view questions.

I'm not sure if Membership is not actually setting the role correctly, or if it is Q&A that that isn't applying the permissions correctly.

I think I've done everything correct, since I can perfectly control the a registered users access.

Please Help!!!

• rbellevi

MY apologies.

My goal is to have a Q&A site where visitors can view questions only, but no answers. Once they are registered, they can view the answers and subscribe to questions. Once they pay for a full membership, they have full access to the Q&A tool.

I'm using Membership and Q&A.

Issues:

1) I set it all up and once a user registers and I can control what they can do. The problem is that when a visitor comes to the site, they have full access to see everything, ask questions, etc...

From a Membership perspective, I was able to get it so that the top menu changes for a visitor, so I know that at least a portion of membership is working to give access to the right level, I'm just not sure that the "role" is taking effect since regardless what I set the role to in membership using the add-on, and regardless of what permissions are set for that role in Q&A, things stay the same.

2) I was using membership lite and set up my membership page and everntually got the entire process to work from a registered users perspective. I then changed to Membership Premium and now my membership page doesn't show any of the shortcode content.

I'm not sure what to do now. Please help.

• rbellevi

That was my thought as well.

The other issue with the membership premium not working baffles me as well. I followed the instructions to remove it then add the new membership premium. I went as far as deactivating, then trashing, deleting the folder in plug-ins, and then copying the new version in, and activating.

All my config is still there and then the short codes don't work. you can see the site in a broken state right now... http://www.smeami.com

• Mason

Hiya,

The Q&A plugin doesn't have anything in it that handles 'visitors' I don't believe. However, you should be able to block any of the pages you don't want them to see via a set of rules in membership for the visitor or stranger level and the URL Groups.

I'm also having an issue where my users are getting activated when they register with the membership plug-in. I get an email after registration with my password, but there is no way to activate the user in Wordpress, since it is disabled (as recommended in other support posts)

I'm not sure I follow. Your users are getting activated when they register, but then you can't activate them? Can you explain this again please.

Also, yes you should have WordPress registration disabled, do you have 'Enable incomplete signup accounts' enabled?

Let us know. Thanks!

• helloyellow

Hi,

I may have a little similar issue without the membership plugin involved. I don't think the Membership plugin has anything to do with the Q&A plugin in this case, it only complicates the whole view at the problem.

Anyway, I spent quite a while setting up the premium version of Q&A plugin. I granted all permissions to the admin and only granted few permissions to the Subscriber. The subscriber is meant to be only view questions, add questions, subscribe to questions, view answers and add answers.

However when I sign in to subscribers control panel, and go to the Questions control panel, I am able to view, edit or even delete the questions which I'm not suppose to.

So what am I doing wrong ??

j.

• Mason

Hiya helloyellow,

I just tested this plugin with this setup and a subscriber was only able to add and view questions and answers. In the admin, they don't have any access at all (and a subscriber shouldn't by default).

My hunch is your issue is not related to the issue above. Would you start a new thread and include the information in your original post along with version details of WordPress and any other plugins you have running. We'll help ya get this one sorted.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings rbellevi,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.