QA Answers not shown to visitors even though they are given the capability

Hi,

As per the recently changes to the QA Answers plugin i have update the plugin on my site but still the problem exist that the non registered user can not see the answers. I am using Edublogs theme.

Thanks in advance

Jatinder Dhiman

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Jatinder,

May I ask, which version of the plugin are you using? This issue was specifically solved in the latest release 1.08, please check the changelog:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/qa-wordpress-questions-and-answers-plugin/download

Do you mean to say that, the problem exists even after the update? What more details can you provide? (WP Single/Multiuser, Other plugins etc)

Let me know and I will get you help as fast as I can.

Arun Basil Lal

• prihatna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It happens with me too. The non-registered users are not able to see the question and the answer. Moreover, in my admin setting, there's no 'Visitor' role.

The edublog layout also does not work well with the latest update of Q&A plugin. See all the screenshots.

Thanks

Henky

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello prihatna,

Thanks for the screenshots. Now that many of you are having this issue, it looks like something that needs a fix. I have asked our developer to take a look into this. He should be able to help you fix it or maybe roll out an update if necessary!

Arun Basil Lal

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Henky and Jatinder,

Am glad it worked for you, Hi5 to Mohanjith!

Now regarding the Edublogs layout. I am not sure what your issue is, can you please give me a link to the live site? Have you tried moving the default templates in the plugin folder to your theme folder? (i.e. edit-answer.php in the default-templates folder of the plugin and all associated files is to be moved to the same folder as the style.css of your theme)

Moreover, please start a new thread in the Edublogs theme section, since its a layout issue and nothing to do with the plugin as such!

Let me know if its fixed, if not see you in another thread!

Cheers,
    Arun Basil Lal

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Henky,

I checked that out, and yes that is a mess, but a minor css issue with the sidebar width. I have added a fix and added it to the child theme. Are you using the child theme right now? If you just installed the theme after downloading it, you are not.

Find the child theme attached. A child theme is like a sub-theme to a parent theme, so it needs the parent theme to function.

- Upload the attached child theme just like you would upload any normal theme from under Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload tab.
    - Activate the child theme. All the settings would be preserved and the sidebar issue would be fixed :slight_smile:

Let me know how this goes :slight_smile:

Arun Basil Lal

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Henky,

Here is a suggestion if you do not wish to use the child theme approach.

- Find attached a file custom-edu-clean.css
    - Using FTP upload it to the QA plugin folder: qa/theme-mods/css/

This was suggested by the developer Mohanjith and he said this fix would be included in the next update of the plugin as well, so I think its better to go for this one :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Arun Basil Lal

• prihatna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Arun and Mohan

Thanks so much for your help and support. It works like a charm now :slight_smile:. Rep points are coming to both of you.

I love Q&A plugin a lot. Looking forward to some new cool features such as top reputation widget, best answer of the week, cubepoints integration.

cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.