Q&A: determining which users can upload media

Hi all,

How can I determine which users are allowed to upload media to my Q&A section?

Currently subscribers CAN'T (I'd like them to be able to) but administrators can.

Thanks in advance,

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dunc,

How can I determine which users are allowed to upload media to my Q&A section?

I do not quite understand what you mean by upload media. Please clarify? Do you mean to submit questions or something else that I am missing?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dunc,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

When asking a question, yeah. The "upload/insert" media buttons appear for admins but not subscribers.

For security reason only the admin is allowed to upload media to the site. If the media button were for subscribers, true they would be allowed to upload media to the site.

However, they would also have access to and be able to delete all the graphics within a web site effectively wiping out the entire site or worse yet upload malware and virus's getting the site black listed by Google, Firefox, Mc Affee etc. which would take months or longer to get revoked for the domain.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• dunc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So, in summary,

As per my other post - there are no Stack Exchange-esque "comments", which effectively makes the Q&A plugin a poorly-featured forum with reputation,

and

There is no functionality for users to be able to upload images?

I already logged a feature request for the former but it strikes me as particularly odd that there has been no feature request for the latter.

Are there any intentions of adding these seemingly standard features to this plugin?

I am thoroughly starting to regret purchasing over $100 worth of subscription for a plugin which offers me next to nothing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.