Q&A does not install

Can add questions and answers, however /questions url results in 404. Checked the Permalink setting as previously suggested. Screenshot attached. Any ideas??

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tperkins,

I think you just need to create a new question to start with. Can you please try going to /questions/ask/ then creating a new question?

With that done, it should sort the 404 issue with the /questions/ slug. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tperkins,

Just got your response via email, if you could please respond to the thread here, it'll help us keep all the troubleshooting info in one place.

One thing to try at this point is resetting permalinks. Basically, you can go to your permalinks settings and select the default option, save that change, then select your preferred option, and re-save.

Could you give that a try?

Also, could you let us know which versions of WordPress and Q&A you're using?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tperkins,

Hmm, could you try switching to Twenty Eleven theme for a moment to see if this is a theme related conflict? If the same issue occurs there, can you try deactivating other plugins to see if there's a conflict there?

This isn't something I'm able to replicate in testing, so it's best to find out first off if there's a conflict of some sort with another plugin or your theme.

If at all possible, could you provide a link to the site?

Thanks,
    David

• mikehenrysr
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I just installed 1.0.3 Beta 3 and had the same problem. My theme is blog-mu.

But when clicked Save Changes on the Permalinks page, it resolved that problem. I no longer get the 404 error on the /questions/ link or the /questions/ask link.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.