Q&A Email notification to Admin

Hi,
I had install the Q&A plugin, and all works fine, but when a user write a question the Admin don't receive the email notification of a new question in the site.
Why I don't receive notification about new question? I need to configure other options?
Thank you in advance for your precious support.
Best regards

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey there,

This isn't a feature of the plugin as far as I know, but would be quite a handy one I believe.

Here is what you can do. Use the subscribe 2 plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/subscribe2/ and add this to your functions.php:

function my_post_types($types) {
    	$types[] = 'question';
    	return $types;
    }

add_filter('s2_post_types', 'my_post_types');

Source: http://subscribe2.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/subscribe2-and-custom-post-types/

That should do the trick. Moving this in as a feature request.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I think Arun misunderstood your question.

This is already integrated in Q&A. An admin always receives an email in case of a new question and in fact, in this forum you can see several people complaining about getting too many (spam) emails for the submitted questions :slight_smile:

If yours is a new website, just check if you can ever get an email by WP. For example create a new user and try to send his password to his email.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• imagenow
    • Flash Drive

Hi,
    thank you for your help, but the notification email still not arrive at me (admin).
    I configure the subscribe2 but nothing change.
    I see the Notification Settings on the bottom of the Q&A options, how this notification works?
    When an Admin answer a question, an email is send to the user that ask the question, I have to check always the page to find new questions?
    There isn't another way to alert the admin for the new questions?
    Thanks again!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Check if notification setting on your user page is checked. Please see attached screenshot.

Regarding your above questions:

- Users can be notified about all new questions using the above setting.
    - Users can also subscribe answers to a question by selecting the subscribe link.
    - Author of the question is automatically subscribed to the answers of the question he submitted.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.