Q&A full version pushes my sidebar down!

I have just upgraded from to Q&A full version from the Q&A Lite. Q&A Lite worked perfect, now I have the full version it has too much "width" and pushes my WP sidebar all the way down so it is not visible anymore until you scroll down. You can see it here: http://yoga-health-blog.com/questions/ask/. How do I fix this problem? Please explain this to me easily as I am a newbie.

Many thanks, Michael

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the WPMUdev community!

Have you perhaps gotten this fixed?

I see sidebar and Q&A myself :slight_smile: I'll attach a pic.

If you want to make any adjustments to the Width of the Q&A wrapper you can adjust the
    /wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/css/general.css file

by changing

#qa-page-wrapper {
        float: left;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding-bottom: 2em;

to

#qa-page-wrapper {
        float: left;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding-bottom: 2em;
        width:  60%

or using whatever percentage meets what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• mic2well
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberley,

first of all thanks for trying to help me with this problem.
    After I read and seen the screenshot you provided I got even more confused.

This morning I spoke with my virtual assistant in the Philippines and on her screen it appeared exactly like in your screenshot. But the problem remained the same for me.

I then looked at it on an old notebook I have which uses an old version of Firefox (3.6.3) and that displayed it properly. Yet even on the old notebook, when I used IE and also Chrome to look at it, it was all scrambled up.

And on my on own laptop which uses the latest Chrome, IE and Firefox they are all screwing it up in different ways. I have attached a screenshot from Firefox 12.0 and another one from Chrome so you can see how scrambled it looks and even how differently the scramble is on each browser.

When I tried your suggestion to reduce the width to 60% it actually increased the size when viewed on Firefox 12.0. I have no idea why this is happening, but surely there must be a way to make it look the "proper" way for all browsers, only I do not know what that is? I hope you can help me out here.

Regards and thanks, Michael

• mic2well
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberley,

that would be fantastic. I still do not understand though why it does not display on my end properly in all those different browsers, yet at your end it does?
    When you give me the adjusted copy of the css file, is it also possible to perhaps move it all slightly from the left to the right, say 5-10px, is that possible?
    If not then I have it the way it looks as it would only be cosmetics.
    In any event, you are an absolute STAR, many thanks

• mic2well
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberley,

this now seems to be working fine on my Chrome and IE, but it still looks scrambled up on my Firefox. But I know that it looks alright on your Firefox and also on my Assistants Firefox 12.0 in the Philippines. Therefore it must be my computer, surely?
    I am happy with this and just want to say thank you very much one more time. Of course I also clicked on the "Helpful" button for you, even though that is an understatement. I think you been fabulous with your help, unfortunately there is no button for that, lol.

Regards and many thanks, Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.