Q&A - ignoring formating beginning with first anwer

Hi :slight_smile:

I have a problem with the (premium) Q&A-Plugin.
When creating a question everything works well, its well formatted as shown in the editor when its posted.
Now, in every answer, the Q&A ignores completely the form / the formating (creating it WYSIWYG-Editor turned on or turned off doesn't matter), everything is a following text without brakes, smileys aren't shown as pictures but as text.
Its just plain text and really annoying.

How can I fix it? I don't have any deep plugins installed that should interrupt Q&A.
I'm using the newest version.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings patrick_s_0,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Q&A plugin, specifically styling on the answers page it appears.

Please provide the URL to the page where this is happening so we can take a peek and possibly offer some kind of styling suggestion.

Please advise.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• patrick_s_0
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi aecnu,

I'm using the Q&A-Plugin on http://www.fitn3ss.de for one week now, since the page went live.
    "Stell deine Frage" = Submit your question (http://www.fitn3ss.de/questions)
    I now manually edited the existing answers and inserted html-breaks to force the right form, I can live with it, but my users shouldn't.
    Although you can still see the smileys in the answers aren't recognized correctly.
    The question is always in the correct form, the answers are completey ignoring form.

I read about that someone had the same issue on Q&A already in the net, but there was no fix for it. I'll post the link if I find that thread again (wasn't on wpmudev.org but on wordpress.org I believe).

In my local clone of my website the plugin is also behaving the same, although there are barely no other plugins installed. I also tried using another theme without luck, so its not theme-specific.
    I hope the issue is stated detailed enough. Maybe there is some kind of code fix needed, for the corresponding answers page.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings patrick_s_0,

Thank you for researching and finding the solution for your query which indeed was there all the time and I am happy that you found it and that it cured your issue.

In addition, I am sorry for the delay in a reply but it was primarily caused by your own hand and I am telling you this not a s a criticism but so we may work together more efficiently in the future.

The following is in fact the truth and the way our system operates based on aging tickets and feeding the support staff tickets based upon aging copied and pasted from another ticket and provided as an FYI:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

In any event, thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT week!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.