Q&A is not responding very well to my themes

Q&A is not responding very well to my themes responsiveness. I followed some tips in this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/qa-responsive-design
but it didn't work and its quite an old thread. Can anyone suggest how I could adapt Q&A to suit the responsive nature of my theme which is Cinematix?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You have to design around your style of responsiveness. Different themes do it in entirely different ways and there's no way we can know what we'll run into.

Your theme already behaves badly on straight forward pages. Your sidebar below 960px moves under the content. Between 960 and 1240 Your sidebar is not wide enough to properly display your social login. Google gets cut off. Take a look are your charts page and you'll see what I mean

You can try the following on the theme you're using.

For wider than 960px

#qa-page-wrapper {
    width: 60%;
    margin-right: 40px;
    }

#qa-content-wrapper{
    width: 100%;
    }

#qa-menu input{
      width: 220px;
    }

That should be at least as good as your chart page.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You have to remember, they are cascading style sheets so it's also positional. Your commands have to come after any previous reference to that attribute, or you have to remove the previous attribute.

What I gave you based on changing the page in Firebug because I don't have the source to all your css files

Also did you leave in the calculated stuff in Q&A settings. For example I see

#qa-page-wrapper{width:1000px;}
    #qa-content-wrapper{width:500px;}
    #qa-menu input{width:450px;}
    #qa-page-wrapper{float:left !important;
    width:100% !important;margin-right:
    -490px !important;}
    #qa-content-wrapper{margin:50px 0px 0 0px !important;}
    #qa-page-wrapper {float:left}

In the header of your page which is not the settings I gave you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.