Q&A not in Pages

I am using the Genesis Framework.

The Q&A plugin (like the events+) creates a page on my site. The page it creates is not found in my "Pages" admin area. Thus, I can't assign it a specific sidebar. I can't get rid of the sidebar either.

I don't understand how this is happening. How can I remove my sidebar? How can I assign a specific sidebar (via another plugin) if I can't see the page in "Pages."

• JosephLee1179
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I may need to learn more about these "virtual" pages. I used Events+ the other day. After I installed the plugin, I uninstalled it on a clients site. The url was http://hisdomain.com/events. After the uninstall, I could not use the url even though there was no live page. I needed that url for a page, but could not build a page because I guess there was a "virtual" page somewhere on the site.

If you have any insight, please advise or link me to a good source to read about where these "virtual" pages are registered in wordpress.

• waynedejager
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joseph - i have exactly the same issue , and i feel like banging my head on a wall trying to sort this out .....
    @Tom - i appreciate the help , but the readme file on customizing is almost bordering on useless....

I have made a few posts on my issues - only to have 1 line return answers whereafter i respond and nothing ....

i have just entered the live support area (and to my surprise there was one other "newbie" and no one else ) quite a waste of time.

I am prepared to pay soemone to help me on this but cant seem to find anyone , Tom maybe you can provide some concrete help???

• JosephLee1179
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Wayne, WPMUDev is very good about helping people. The community is also extremely helpful. Be patient and try to get people to help you. Negativity pushes the unpaid people away from assisting you.

The live chat you were using was the "members only." There was no paid employees there.

Just be patient :slight_smile: If I figure something out I will happily relay to you. Please do the same.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@JosephLee1179

Heres the relevant part of the readme:

Copy the php files from default-templates folder within the zip file into your theme folder and start customizing. This overides the virtual pages.

To disable the default CSS, add the following line to your theme's functions.php file:

add_theme_support( 'qa_style' );

To disable the default JavaScript, add the following line to your theme's functions.php file:

add_theme_support( 'qa_script' );

cheers

tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.