Q&A not working..tried many times

The Q&A script has not worked well at all on my website since I bought it. I have spent several hours and I just dont want to spend any more time on the script. Here is what it does:

1. Once plugin is activated, question menu shows up..I go to settings, save everything...then go back to
check the page...I see columns all messed up...I dont ahve any time to fiddle with CSS when all other pages are working fine...Then in IE the script will open, but on chrome it hangs up with redirect loop...At least thats how I have it right now...background color of the page is all messed up..
2. Second issue..when I go back to check the question settings in admin..everthing but the settings dissapear..only the settings submenu shows up..Then I deactivate the plugin and activate the plugin..nothing.same problem..then i delete the plugin and reinstall..it comes back..all the menu..then same problem again over and over..

At this point, you can see the healthalamo.com/questions page yourself..However, the question menu only has settings submenu...

We like this theme..it works fine for everything...so at this point I dont plan to change the theme since that could be the mai reason for whatver is happening...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I checked your site in firefox and pressed crtl+shift+J and it shows up a lot of javascript errors.

I would request you to please clear them so that we can go deep into the discussion as they cause most of the problems and on the longer run, its never good.

Cheers, PC

• syed_aman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Everytihing works fine except your Q&A script. If you are not able to find any solution, please advise so we can uninstall this plugin and find another solution..It has never really worked from day 1 and we have spent many hours activating and deactivating the plugin....We dont plan to make any changes to the current theme as all other plugins work great. Not sure what you mean by javasript? and how that can be cleared up.

thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I did not ask you to change the theme till now. I am just trying to figure out what the problem is.

attached screenshot are the errors I am talking about.

Also, can you send me some screenshots of the problems you face like that page messed up. from what I see on the site as of now is the default layout of the plugin. You can match the same from a demo site I created out of the box for you here : http://qna.wpdemo.in/questions/test-question/

It would just need a bit of CSS to match it to your site's theme so that we can make it look something like the second screenshots (background or the other colors may be of your choice, I just used white to demonstrate how CSS can change the way it looks.

Not sure what you mean by javasript? and how that can be cleared up.

Can you switch back to the default theme and see whether you see the same behavior ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• syed_aman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am going to put my final thoughts on this plugin as I dont plan to spend any more time on issues and bugs associated with the Q&A plugin.

1) As I indicated before, the plugin did not work on my theme. So I switched to the standard wordpress theme...Twenty Eleven. with option for no sidebar...

check it out...http://hostalamo.com/tablets/questions/

chrome keeps freezing and i have to clear browsing everytime i launch the link...

2) added two categories for the test
    3) added two questions for the test

issues...which I have pointed several times and dont plan to repeat them over and over

...plugin questions menu dissapears...only settings remain..( see attachment)
    ...categories listings dont show up...
    ...plugin really not compatible with themes.
    ...chrome browser keeps hanging and freezing..

suggest more work should be done on this plugin before you all sell this plugin/

On the other wordpress

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @syed_aman

Greetings and thanks for writing back.

I tested the link and it appears just fine on my chrome with no signs of freezing.

...plugin questions menu dissapears...only settings remain..( see attachment)

looks like the screenshot did not attach. Can you please send that over again so that I can call our lead developer on this thread.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @syed_aman

When you click on [+] Add Screenshot/File it clearly states what is allowed to be uploaded

Allowed uploads: gif (5000 KB), gz (5000 KB), jpeg (5000 KB), jpg (5000 KB), pdf (5000 KB), png (5000 KB), txt (5000 KB), zip (5000 KB)

There are a few security reasons why we have restricted certain file type uploads.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I looked at the pdf, it seems that there might be some plugin conflict. I am marking it to the attention of our lead developer of the plugin so that he can chime in and advise.

Till the time he answers, can you please check for any visible plugin conflict by disabling all the plugins apart from Q&A and see if you still see the same issue ?

Cheers, PC

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I checked this website of yours using Google Chrome:
    http://hostalamo.com/tablets/questions/

Everything worked fine for me expect the length of the question editor is not wide enough, but that can be easily solved by simplyfing tinymce editor toolbar; it is too crowded and unorganized now.

I didn't encounter any freezings, any category listing issues, etc.

But you say that you meet this issue on 2 other domains too. So I think you have a problem on your PC. Did you already check with other browsers too?

Please note that some Chrome and FF extensions use jQuery and if they are outdated this may cause problems on your browser.

You can check this by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J. I don't see any errors on the above page at the moment.

If you see some errors, try deactivating all your extensions.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• syed_aman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am not getting any suggested solutions...There is no problem on my pc's...Once again, I will repeat issues that i have mentioned over and over...Something is wrong with our communication...bottom line is:

1. your script creates problems in background colors (must be css related)...this is my original website where this script needs to be installed and run...I have mentioned about this issue from day one..

http://healthalamo.com/questions/

Please give me a solution on this..suggest why your plugin is putting background blue color when other pages are fine..Give me css script that will take care of this issue.

2. Why Questions menu has disappeared? I have mentioned this issue many many times before...

3. Where is the list of categories? I have three categories for this test..Why are they not showing up on the page as categories...

The theme that we are using is this:

http://fthemes.com/demo/MyPen/

best thing is you can install the theme and run a test yourself and then suggest a solution....

Thanks

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I still do not see any freezing problem.

1. This is another theme and another color set. We are not obliged to set your every theme adaptions. We are not obliged to make such customizations. If you cannot do it yourself consider taking a dedicated help:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

2. What question menu are you talking about? Q&A does not provide a question menu.

3. What category list are you talking about? If you are mentioning about category widget you have to activate it for every theme. This is not about Q&A. This is how WordPress works.

It looks like somebody set one of your domain for Q&A, and when you install Q&A in another domain, you expect the same things happening automatically. No, it doesn't work like that. You, as admin, need to set up several things too. Like adding widgets, menus.

I recommend you read basic WP information from wordpress.org.

• syed_aman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Let me recap again...

1. there is no other theme or another color set..this is the original domain that installed your plugin..All other links or domains were installed by me to test your plugin if it works or not..

healthalamo.com/question..is the original project theme that i requested your support.

2. my original question to you was why the blue color shows up on the question page..
    i dont have any issues on other pages of this website..suggest me some css alternatives to make that blue color white like other pages...your plugin is causing the color messup since my other pages work fine...

review responses form your other collegues on this ...

3. categories
    we are not talking about wordpress widget categories..i am aware of all that...I am talking about your plugin categories...Do they show up as part of your plugin...for example when you go to the question page...Should's there be a list of categories of the questions??? not the wordpress categories..

4. Question menu....nothing to do with the wordpress menu..i am aware of that..have used wordpress for years...we are talking about your question sub-menus...like question, question categories, settings etc..

problem is after i install your plugin..all these sub-menus look fine..but after i run the script and go back to add a question i cannot find those sub-menus..they dissappear except for the settings sub-menu..so there is no way I can add a question through the admin panel..

Just look at the healthalamo.com/question link..and suggest what can u can do to make the page with white background since all other pages work fine..and just answer all other questions above..If you want access to my admin page, let me know so you can check it out yourself..

thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @syed_aman

Greetings and thanks for writing back

my original question to you was why the blue color shows up on the question page..
    i dont have any issues on other pages of this website..suggest me some css alternatives to make that blue color white like other pages...your plugin is causing the color messup since my other pages work fine...

Q&A calls a page in a different way. I checked the page and found that it does not contain the <div id="main" </div> Added that using chrome and this is how it looks.

Is that something you want ?

4. Question menu....nothing to do with the wordpress menu..i am aware of that..have used wordpress for years...we are talking about your question sub-menus...like question, question categories, settings etc..

I tested with this theme on my lab site but could not replicate the behavior so that is more likely a plugin conflict.

Can you please test it with other plugins disabled ?

• syed_aman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your wonderful response...

1. Just tell me where I need to edit the <div id="main" </div> to adjust the color...

2. As per your advice I am going thru other plugins to locate the conflict

3. category questions I had been asking are now ok...I can add those Q&A widgets

Thank you for all your input...Just help me with issue#1..

regards

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @syed_aman

Greetings and thanks for your patience on this one... Sorry for the delay as things have been slow over the weekend. I am still looking into it and doing some tests on my lab site. Should have something soon.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Syed,

Greetings and thanks for your patience on this one.

Just tell me where I need to edit the <div id="main" </div> to adjust the color...

Q&A uses a virtual page and that is the reason we are unable to edit any theme template to get that color change done. I tested that before using Firebug from firefox.

Lemme seek some help from @Patrick our css champ to see if he can give us some tips on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.