Q&A - Page Not Found Error When Creating Answer

HI There,

I created a question (http://peopleofyes.com/questions/i-am-new-to-church-planting-where-do-i-get-started/)

I logged into the admin panel to create an answer.

However, when I clicked on "Add New" (http://peopleofyes.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=answer)

I get a page not found.

Help!

Thanks,

Ed

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Ed and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Could you please let us know, first off, which versions of WordPress and Q&A you're using? And do you have the Lite version of Q&A installed? If so, could you uninstall that version?

Also, the user you're logged in as, does that user's role have capabilities to edit Questions and Answers, as specified in the settings?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Ed,

Thanks for that! I just took a closer look into it with that latest version and while you really wouldn't create Answers in the back-end, that link shouldn't be yielding an error page.

I'll ask the developer to have a look at this.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Ed,

We still have an update in the works for Q&A but answers should really only created on the front-end of the plugin. Actually, both questions and answers should be posted through the front end.

Can you let us know if that's working for you?

Thanks!

• sgtaw
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi There,

Yes, using the front-end works.

However, that kinda "inefficient" to say the least.

Everything else - posts, pages, etc - are controlled from within the dashboard. So it is counter-intuitive to have to do things from the front-end!

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope this is fixed soon.

Ed

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Ed,

I understand it's counter-intuitive from a WordPress perspective. The goal of the plugin was to mirror the process on sites like stackexchange.com so that the end users asking questions don't even need to visit the WordPress admin.

At any rate, we're working to make sure there's no conflicts regardless of where a question or answer is entered. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.