qa plugin and Advanced Access Manager

I've discovered that as soon as I activate the Advanced Access Manager Plugin the qa plugin always redirects to the page setup for unauthorized access no matter what user is logged in. Is this a problem someone else has had? Am I missing a config option, perhaps in AAM that will resolve this issue?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

I haven't tried using these two plugins together, but I thought I'd mention that Q&A has it's own built in user role & capabilities settings.

There are also several alternatives to that plugin though, such as User Role Editor, Members, and Admin Menu Editor that you may find greater compatibility.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• adcuda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We are invested as a company in advanced access manager and use it for locking down the admin area as well as other things. I'm aware of the qa role capabilities but that doesn't fit our needs outside the plugin. If anyone else has experience with this I'd welcome the feedback

• adcuda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No, when I step through it in debug the code executes until it gets to the authentication user process, then it just dies and stops executing. A redirect to the unauthenticated user page does happen though, even if the user is logged in, ie. admin.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I'm wondering if you could contact the developers of the AAM plugin and see if they offer an ability to exclude or filter certain pages?

It seems a popular plugin, have you tried asking them in the wordpress.org support forums?

Thanks.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.