QA Plugin Customization

Several question on this plugin:

1. Adding Titles to Each Page

i'm adding titles to each of the following pages using the echo command. Are there any other pages I need to add the title to?

archive-question.php
ask-question.php
edit-answer.php
single-question.php
user-question.php

2,. I' made modifications to the general.css file in the plugin folder. I can't get the margin changes in the following code from the general.css to appear on my theme. The changes show on the "/question" page, but not on the "/question/ask" and other pages.

#qa-page-wrapper {
float: left;
overflow: hidden;
width: 950px;
padding-top: 2em;
padding-bottom: 2em;
padding-left: 1em;
}

a. How do I make my edits to the above appear on my site?
b. Can you state more specifically where I add the general.css file?
c. do I need to add the js files as well to my theme?

3. Sort by Categories

There was a question on creating a menu to sort by categories and the support team indicated it would be offered in the next release. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/qa-plugin-can-you-created-a-category-menu-so-users-can-sort-questions.

a. When is the next release?
b. In the meantime, how would I go about creating this sort feature?

4. Search Results

a. In what file do I add the title "Search Results" which is to appear after a user types a search in the search box and results are displayed?
b. What code do I type in and where in the file?

Thanks.

• Mason

Hiya signy,

At the start I'll just ask that in the future if you can include the theme you're using and a link to your site questions like this will be much easier to answer. Some of them we can't answer otherwise. Thanks.

1. Adding Titles to Each Page

i'm adding titles to each of the following pages using the echo command. Are there any other pages I need to add the title to?

archive-question.php
    ask-question.php
    edit-answer.php
    single-question.php
    user-question.php

That should be all of them. :slight_smile:

2,. I' made modifications to the general.css file in the plugin folder. I can't get the margin changes in the following code from the general.css to appear on my theme.

If we can get a link, we can help ya out. You probably don't want to make the modifications in the general.css of the theme though. You'll have to make them every time you upgrade the plugin. Instead, use a custom.css for your theme or even a child theme to call the custom css.

3. Sort by Categories
    a. When is the next release?
    b. In the meantime, how would I go about creating this sort feature?

I'll ask the developer to comment here, but as a rule we don't give ETAs on any of our releases. At the moment you'd need to code this into your theme - probably using the get_categories function would be the easiest:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_categories

4. Search Results

a. In what file do I add the title "Search Results" which is to appear after a user types a search in the search box and results are displayed?
    b. What code do I type in and where in the file?

The search results are displayed using the same page template as the basic questions page - which is to say it uses the same question-archive.php default plugin template or your theme's archive template. There's not a simple drop-in place where you can add the code in order to modify this.

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.