Q&A Plugin – Msut users be logged in to create questions? And…

I want a Q&A page on two of my sites. I like the layout of the Q&A plugin, and I like that it integrates with my WordPress sites’ themes. But, and yeah, call me awkward, I want to keep registration for my WordPress site disabled so I can continue to block access to WP scripts that bots and hackers try to use to gain access to WP sites.

So, can Q&A work without requiring user registration or can it be edited to use its own user base?

Also, and this might be theme related, while testing the plugin, I opened the Q&A page in a different browser to the one I used to log into my WordPress site then I created a new subscriber user to create a test question. After creating the question I noticed the poster’s name was my site’s admin name not that of the subscriber user.

To check what had happened, I created another question for the subscriber user. Again, the username was not the subscriber’s own but was my own admin name.

I created a third question but this time examined the post page a little better. In the backend of the site where the question was written, I scrolled right to the bottom of the page. Sure enough, I (as the subscriber user) was able to select the name under which I wanted to post. Bear in mind, I was logged in as two different users in two different browsers so this option to select the posters name should not have been present for the subscriber (and I was definitely logged in as the subscriber for the browser used).

Has anyone else noticed this quirk?