Q&A Plugin wrecked my Category Pages

Hi!

I had to turn off the QA and plugin because it made my category pages go nuts! See attachments. When I turn off the plugin everything is back to normal.

My site is HoopCoach.org

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Andrew,.

Not seeing that our Dashboard plugin's active on your site presently, was it removed?

If not, then could you please send in the following via our secure contact form, as an alternative means of logging into your site:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Andrew,

Very sorry about the delay here. Michael is no longer with the company and looks like this ticket didn't get re-assigned :slight_frown: my apologies.

I'm more than happy to look into this further. For some reason the QA plugin is adding html to your category page which is resulting in QA styling being applied to it. Something like this would normally be a theme conflict. Have you tried your site with the default 2016 theme to check that?

I used the support access; however, it it logging me out of your site about every 60 seconds and then I need to login again. I don't want to risk not being able to get back in and then your site being stuck with 2016 theme until you get back to it.

In order to do more thorough troubleshooting safely could you send in your FTP and wp-admin directly to me? This will also give me access to your theme, so if it is your theme then I can pull it and troubleshoot on my own site further without needing to make any changes on your site until we have a solution.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Andrew,

I confirmed the conflict, it's with your theme. I see it's a free theme and I was able to replicate it on my own install as well. I've asked one of our coding experts if they can investigate further for a solution.

They will post back here once they've found one :slight_smile:

I've set a reminder to check back on this regularly for you in-case you have further issues before or after our coding expert posts the solution. The reason why this was delayed again is because I'm not regularly working in the forums and jumped in on this one since Michael is no longer with the company. Totally my fault, I should have set a reminder to make sure or assigned to a regular forum staff. At any rate you have myself and also one of our coding experts following this thread now to avoid any further delays.

You will hear from one of us soon as they figure out a solution to the theme conflict.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there Andrew,

As per Tyler request I've coded a custom solution for you.

Basically, the problem is that your theme is using the_title() tag in an html attribute without escaping it.
    This is a theme specific conflict so I made an external solution in the form of a must use plugin.

You should download the attached file, extract the contained .php file, and drop it into your install under the folder ../wp-content/mu-plugins (create the content if it doesn't exists).

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Thanks in advance,
    José

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Andy Dold ,

Could you please open a new thread for this providing as much information possible, including theme, theme version, and if you did any theme update?

Could you also grant us support access so we can have a closer look?

Even better if you could share ftp information so we can do some debugging. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to the new thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.