Q&A search box

The search box is searching the entire site.
How can we fix it so it will only search the questions and answers?

Can we move the search box to a different area of the page (separate it from the menu tabs)?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi lrsamuel,

How can we fix it so it will only search the questions and answers?

It is already working like that. Maybe your theme and/or a plugin is modifying the search function.
    Try using the default theme first. If it doesn't work, try disabling other plugins that can modify search.

Can we move the search box to a different area of the page (separate it from the menu tabs)?

Yes that is possible. At first, to make the existing one invisible you can use a css rule like this:

li.qa-search{display:none !important}

And in order to add it to the required location you can use the_qa_search_form( ) function.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Q&A does not have a special search function. It uses that of WordPress or your theme/plugin if it modifies the search function. So I don't know what I can do here.

Try using the default theme first. If it doesn't work, try disabling other plugins that can modify search.

Did you already try using the default theme?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.