Q&A tab on buddypress page doesn't show profile

http://www.gamerbacking.com/starcraftanswers/questions/user/tdhz77/

is not the same as

http://www.gamerbacking.com/members/tdhz77/q-and-a/

The Q&A tab is 'null' -

When I deactivate the buddypress plugin, the user profile shows fine. It's only within buddypress Q-A tab does nothing show.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @tyler_harpool

Thank you for posting your question here on the Community.

I had a look at the two links that you provided, but they both look exactly the same to me. Please be a bit more specific as to how I can assist.

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good day!

Gina

• tyler_harpool
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick response time. No changes. I switched a couple of themes just to make sure.

I'm going to re-download deactivate-reactivate.

The unanswered button leads to a 404 error, but the widget displays correct unasnwered questions. I don't know if this is related or not.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@tyler_harpool

Hi Tyler

Yes, uninstalling/installing is always a good call. I suggest deleting the plugin from the wp-contents/plugins folder via your FTP client. Then download a fresh version of the plugin, unzip and install again via the FTP client. See if this will manage to resolve the issue. If not, please let me know and we can investigate further.

Have a good day!

Gina

• tyler_harpool
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Internal testing means you will never find the problem. How could you replicate the error? You don't even know what plugins/themes/extensions or custom php I've written. This is a slap in the face.

I got the Q&A tab working with the theme. 1.3 Q&A does not work with the latest version of buddypress 1.6. I was testing the new buddypress then deactivated and downgraded to 1.5. So the problem occured from here.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @tyler_harpool

My reasoning for trying to test myself was simply to see if I could replicate this in my own test lab and by no means was I trying to insult you. If I did, then I sincerely apologize.

I will ask the Developer to assist you further.

Have a good day.

Gina

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

You have a javascript error in your theme file http://www.gamerbacking.com/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/assets/js/libs/ddsmoothmenu.js?ver=1.5. Did you notice that?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'className' of undefined

Try to eliminate that error. If this doesn't help:

It is not clear to me that when you tested with Buddypress default theme you were using Buddypress V1.6 beta or not. Please note that Q&A is not tested with V1.6 beta, or after a downgrade from V1.6 to V1.5.

If it is not working with V1.5 and Buddypress default theme, please deactivate all of your plugins and reactivate them one by one starting with Q&A. You can locate the conflict like this.

If you still meet the same problem when only Q&A activated, then it is possible that some files and/or tables were not correctly removed during downgrade. Because we cannot replicate the problem with the default theme, but we should have been at the same status with you at this point. This was Gina was saying.

Then please delete all Buddypress related tables using phpmyadmin after a complete uninstallation of Buddypress, if any of them left.

Even if this doesn't help, then I am afraid you need to make a vanilla installation.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.