Q&A URL

I just installed Q&A on a relatively new website. The URL, I believe is domain.ext/questions. When I type this URL, I am redirected to either what appears to be a random URL from my website or to the front page.

Please help.

Stay well.

Sid

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sid,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Q&A plugin

You are indeed correct that it should be reachable with yourdomain.com/questions as the extension as demonstrated here on my production server: http://qa.aecnuwpmu.us/questions/

If it is not working in this manner, the first thing to do is check your permalinks making sure that they are set to anything but NOT default and even if they are set to what you want and not default, click save changes anyway which indeed resets them and then test again.

Let me know how it goes and I look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• sid_khullar
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your prompt response.

My bad; I should have fully configured the plugin prior to asking for help.

The plugin was actually redirecting me to the Unauthorised page, which wasn’t configured properly within, as the required page wasn’t created. I created the relevant pages and learnt that the administrator role wasn’t configured. On doing so the plugin works fine, apart from hideous CSS mismatches, which is my next challenge.

Stay well.

Sid

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sid,

Thank you for letting us know and happy to hear that after fully configuring the plugin that it now works for you as anticipated.

This actually happens quite often, folks are eager to see their new plugin work and start testing without fully configuring and have issues – especially with the Membership plugin.

In any event, thank you for posting what you did to fix it and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.