QnA Plugin is not working with elegent theme

Hi,

I just installed QnA plugin on testing website with elegent theme. But it is not working as expected. There seems to be some problem with javascript. Could please check this website and let me know the problem behind it. I tried disabling some javascript but not successful.
Please help me in this regard.
If you need admin, password please let me know this is just testing website so you can check it without any problem.

Thanks in advance

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

I'm sorry to hear that the plugin isn't functioning as expected. Before you send over your login info, though, can you explain what you expect to happen and what is or isn't happening?

After doing this, if you want us to log on to your site, you can do so through the following form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

This way your private information will be safe. You can address your email as attention to me or just any Support person, if you prefer.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Cheers,
    Paul

• vivekanand30

Thanks for your help. I have installed QnA on site. But i can add question from front end coz editor is not working even if you enter question from backend it is not clickable on front end. No link is associated with it, so i can not go to question.
    In whole none of the link is working in QnA plugin.

You can check it on website. Meanwhile i am sending you login info so that you can check the same.

Thanks

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there,

I was able to find the details and I logged in. It seems that 2011 and 2012 were fine, just the Elegant Themes, as you say. I adjusted you css rules for the plugin and now the sidebar looks fine. Feel free to switch if you like. One thing I would highly recommend though is to use a child theme. Elegant Themes are updated often and you don't want all of your changes written over each time an update occurs.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Paul Barthmaier

I wrote to the Elegant themes folks for their input because I'm curious myself now, but technically I should close this thread since the plugin works for the default themes, and especially since they are a commercial theme company. Let's see what they have to say.

As for child themes, though, a child theme is minimally a folder in your site's themes folder with a style.css which has the following structure:

/*
    Theme Name: YOUR THEME Child Theme
    Version: 1.0
    Description: A child theme for YOUR THEME.
    Author:
    Author URL: http://www.yourURL.com
    Template: parent-theme-folder-name-here
    */
    @import url("../parent-theme-folder-name-here/style.css");

You will, of course, need to change your details in the above structure. Notice, there are 3 important bits of info:

1. the child theme is given a name, which is what will appear in the backend when selecting a theme.
    2. The parent theme's folder is named as the Template
    3. Info from the parent theme's css is brought in using the @import

All of our themes come with a pre-made child theme, but it'll need a little help from you to get it in the right folder. For more info you can consult our WPMU DEV page on child themes or the WP Codes for child themes.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.