Quantity based pricing?

I've seen several questions about quantity based pricing...i.e. the price drops as you hit various quantity ordered levels. This doesn't seem to be supported in the plugin.

Can someone tell which code module I need to modify to add this. It's a must have for me.

Thanks.

• drobato

Okay. I can code. Before I try posting on the job board I would like to get a better idea of the scope of the coding project. I'm not necessarily looking to make this infinitely flexible. I only have three products and I'm willing to simply hardcode which quantity ranges get which discount. I don't need menu options on the product page and such.

Isn't there a place I can simply loop through the cart looking at products and prices and re-calculate the line item pricing?

Thanks.

P.S. I've see that volume pricing has been repeatedly requested over the years. Seems like somebody would have solved this already. I guess you don't know of anyone who has that you could refer me to?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @drobato

It will certainly be easier because you can code, but this still isn't a simple thing to do, I would highly recommend against hardcoding it, but this would be up to you.
    It's also worth noting that any changes you make will be overwritten when you update so make sure you keep a back up :slight_smile:

The best way would be to start looking through the code and understand how it all wants, you'll want to make sure to look at marketpress.php and template-functions.php which can be found within MarketPress includes.

Thank you!

Sorry no, I don't know anyone who has done this before.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.