Queries about functionality before activation

Hello

We have downloaded Memberships2 Pro, as not only does the new functionality look great, but it looks like we can effectively replace a relatively large number of our existing WooCommerce & Groups plugins that are needed just to do the same things.

Before deleting these though and activating Memberships2 Pro, as it is not clear from the documentation, please can you clarify:

1. We are already using WPML for languages and with Woo and we currently have for instance – a Gold Membership product – which is created in our primary language English with a GBP value, but then displayed on the USA site pages in English with USD values. Will this be the same, or do we create separate GBP & USD products?

2. Is there a Reporting function – eg. Users, Sales (by currency), Products, Countries etc – and by calendar period?

3. Does WPMUDEV “E-Newletters” & “Affiliates” integrate.

4. Can you provide additional payment gateway (Neteller) or advise developers who can customize?

5. Is Taxamo functionality just for EU VAT or other worldwide countries which also have digital services sales taxes?

6. User Groups – when users register / buy memberships, can they be placed in specific groups by country / language, so that E-Newletters (if it integrates) can be used for mailshots in their native languages?

Thanks and look forward to hearing back.

Regards,

Paul

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @bize,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

1. We are already using WPML for languages and with Woo and we currently have for instance – a Gold Membership product – which is created in our primary language English with a GBP value, but then displayed on the USA site pages in English with USD values. Will this be the same, or do we create separate GBP & USD products?

M2 shouldn’t affect your WPML and Woocommerce functionality so you should be still able to see your prices as before.

M2 does come with WPML integration add-on which will allow you to translate plugin messages.

2. Is there a Reporting function – eg. Users, Sales (by currency), Products, Countries etc – and by calendar period?

Could you please elaborate this question a bit more as I’m not 100% sure I understand what are you looking for here.

M2 has all the payments stored and you can view invoices from Billing panel, users can also access their invoices from Account page.

Yes & Yes :slight_smile:

4. Can you provide additional payment gateway (Neteller) or advise developers who can customize?

This would require some custom development and unfortunately we currently don’t have enough manpower to assist on such changes.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

5. Is Taxamo functionality just for EU VAT or other worldwide countries which also have digital services sales taxes?

Taxamo was only for EU VAT but it looks like you can now enable US and Japan as well, this was added just recently so we didn’t test the plugin yet but I have notified developers about this.

6. User Groups – when users register / buy memberships, can they be placed in specific groups by country / language, so that E-Newletters (if it integrates) can be used for mailshots in their native languages?

Unfortunately there is no further option in membership to create groups in memberships.

As your setup is unusual and I didn’t see anyone yet using M2 in this way I would suggest setting up a staging site and installing the plugin there.

Best regards,

Predrag

• BizE
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag

Thanks for that I comment further;

M2 shouldn’t affect your WPML and Woocommerce functionality so you should be still able to see your prices as before.

M2 does come with WPML integration add-on which will allow you to translate plugin messages.

We are proposing to delete Woo & just use M2, so it’s still the same question really – as we want to show for instance a GBP value memberships to UK users & a USD membersip to US users, is this 1 product (with a translated value) or 2 separate products?

Could you please elaborate this question a bit more as I’m not 100% sure I understand what are you looking for here.

M2 has all the payments stored and you can view invoices from Billing panel, users can also access their invoices from Account page.

I was thinking of more of global reporting – ie. totals that we can view / extract for our finance / accounting & general KPI.

Yes & Yes :slight_smile:

Great!

This would require some custom development and unfortunately we currently don’t have enough manpower to assist on such changes.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Noted.

Taxamo was only for EU VAT but it looks like you can now enable US and Japan as well, this was added just recently so we didn’t test the plugin yet but I have notified developers about this.

Noted.

Unfortunately there is no further option in membership to create groups in memberships.

As your setup is unusual and I didn’t see anyone yet using M2 in this way I would suggest setting up a staging site and installing the plugin there.

So are all users just dropped into the standard WP database? I believe WPMUDEV has a “Select Language at Registration” plugin – perhaps we could use that for this purpose as I assume users will then have a language identifier in the User database that we can hook into?

• BizE

Hi Predrag

Following on from the previous pre-installation questions, I have now begun to set M2 up and whilst it is easier to understand some of the previous points raised, I have a few further queries which I hope you can help with;

1. M2 & WPML – We have so far created 4 Standard Memberships, priced in GBP

As our site will be global facing, we propose to have site pages in approx 15 languages using WPML. These will all offer the same Memberships, but depending on language, be priced and displayed in either – GBP, USD or EUR.

I cannot see where the WPML functionality with M2 is for achieving this?

So we need to understand if / how we translate our existing 4 x GBP products to other languages / currencies? Or do we create different products for each currency / for each language – and if so do we use different shortcodes, to ensure only correct products are displayed?

2. Automated Emails – same questions applies re. WPML and how we can set / send correct language emails to users based on their purchases.

3. Registration – Is it possible to add additional fields to capture user’s address, date of birth?

4. Taxamo – if address info is not being captured, how is tax calc done?

5. Memberships List – CSS. Where can we change the design / style / layout of the template – eg. can we add images etc?

6. Reporting. Whilst I can see that you can view in WP Admin how many / types of Members there are at any given time, for accounting purposes we will need to know the all numbers for any given period – membership type / currency / coupons applied / tax / net income etc. I assume that Billing > Transaction Logs will contain this, but as we have no data at moment, can you confirm / provide a sample of how this looks?

7. Mailchimp – do we also have to load the WMPU Mailchimp Integration plugin to make this function work?

Thanks & regards,

Paul

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Paul,

We are proposing to delete Woo & just use M2, so it’s still the same question really – as we want to show for instance a GBP value memberships to UK users & a USD membersip to US users, is this 1 product (with a translated value) or 2 separate products?

Ahh, ok, I misunderstood something before, for some reason I thought you are selling products based on membership.

WPML isn’t integrated in M2 in this way and unfortunately can’t affect currency used on site.

I have notified developer about your question and we will add this on features list.

I was thinking of more of global reporting – ie. totals that we can view / extract for our finance / accounting & general KPI.

There’s no export function but you can see entire log by clicking on Show Transaction Logs in Billing panel.

So are all users just dropped into the standard WP database? I believe WPMUDEV has a “Select Language at Registration” plugin – perhaps we could use that for this purpose as I assume users will then have a language identifier in the User database that we can hook into?

Yes, users are added in standard WP database, you might want to check Membership 2 > Help > API Docs for help with this?

Automated Emails – same questions applies re. WPML and how we can set / send correct language emails to users based on their purchases.

When editing Automated Emails switch language from admin bar to enter message in different language

3. Registration – Is it possible to add additional fields to capture user’s address, date of birth?

You can use BuddyPress and BuddyPress X Profie fields plugin to create custom registration forms.

4. Taxamo – if address info is not being captured, how is tax calc done?

We have 3 options to determine the tax country:

1. (default) use the IP address to find the country

2. Allow user to enter a VAT ID number

3. Allow user to manually declare the country (select from a list)

On the checkout page initially the IP country is used. The user can then enter a VAT or manually declare the country. His choice is saved in the DB, so on next checkout the previous choice is used as default

5. Memberships List – CSS. Where can we change the design / style / layout of the template – eg. can we add images etc?

You can use any Custom CSS plugin like this one for example https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

But for complete modification I suggest creating custom tables or list and then just add button to membership by ID using the shortocode like this one:

[ms-membership-buy id=”5″ label=”Buy now!”]

Other shortcodes can be found in Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes tab

Mailchimp – do we also have to load the WMPU Mailchimp Integration plugin to make this function work?

No, you only need to activate the add-on and configure settings under Membership 2 > Settings > Mailchimp.

Hope I didn’t miss anything :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

• BizE

Hi Predrag

Thanks and think we can now work through most of this now. One point just to clarify on Memberships & Currencies though:

Can you confirm that we can still create and sell separate Memberships, but priced in different currencies – USD, GBP & EUR and then just display them on the different language pages using shortcodes?

Thanks & regards,

Paul

• BizE

Hi

1. Currency. Just to follow on from my last message, having now configured some Memberships, I can see that the currency setting is 'Global' meaning that all our Memberships are in the same currency on all language pages. Not a big issue for now, as we have created our own product tables & images and as previously advised, are only using a Sign Up button shortcode.

Can I suggest though that a useful roadmap development feature would be to allow setting of currency per language, as this would provide a better "native" experience for worldwide users?

2. Purchase & Registration process. We notice that after selecting a product, the user is taken to the next process – eg. Register or Confirm Purchase etc, but that this looks like a different page on the same URL? So is there some kind of javascript process running here, as we are concerned about how search engines might see this – understand that they don't like it much?

3. We have a Login / Logout selector placed in our TopBar using a menu. It seems that the M2 logout URL is unique, with a 'nonce' generated per user session, so we are unsure what URL to add to thsi TopBar menu (unfortunately we cannot add a shortcode to the menu). Any ideas on this?

4. CSS – When user selects a Membership, the summary confirmation page loads – see attached screenshot – but this is displayed full width (our Membership page is showing ok, set to our theme's "Single Page – 1 column":wink:. When you look at the code to edit some Custom CSS to deal with this, it seems that again, a unique script is being created per user session or product? You can see this highlighted in the screenshot – div class "ms-membership-form-wrapper.ms-subscription-xxxxxx.ms-invoice-xxxxxx" and so are unsure how to fix this with css?

Thanks & regards,

Paul

• BizE

. . . 1 more query to add to the above;

5. Automated Emails. Is there a way to configure the style & settings for these. We have WPMU HTML emails templates installed for our WP emails, but the M2 emails are just;

a. being delivered in plain text format?

b. showing as “Sent from – WordPress@oursite.com” instead of what we have in WP dashboard settings?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay here, we are bit swamped with questions and this thread does take some time to follow up properly on everything :slight_smile:

1. Currency. Just to follow on from my last message, having now configured some Memberships, I can see that the currency setting is ‘Global’ meaning that all our Memberships are in the same currency on all language pages.

I’m sorry if I was unclear in my previous comment on this part, this is not something currently possible but I have already contacted the developer regarding this and he has added it to his to do list.

2. Purchase & Registration process. We notice that after selecting a product, the user is taken to the next process – eg. Register or Confirm Purchase etc, but that this looks like a different page on the same URL? So is there some kind of javascript process running here, as we are concerned about how search engines might see this – understand that they don’t like it much?

Search engines will only use starting content on that page, meaning your memberships descriptions, registration form won’t be accessed so you are good to go on that part :slight_smile:

3. We have a Login / Logout selector placed in our TopBar using a menu. It seems that the M2 logout URL is unique, with a ‘nonce’ generated per user session, so we are unsure what URL to add to thsi TopBar menu (unfortunately we cannot add a shortcode to the menu). Any ideas on this?

Could you see if this plugin will work for you:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-login-logout-menu/

4. CSS – When user selects a Membership, the summary confirmation page loads – see attached screenshot – but this is displayed full width (our Membership page is showing ok, set to our theme’s “Single Page – 1 column”:wink:

Can you try with this CSS and tell me what happens:

.ms-membership-form-wrapper {
    max-width: 940px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

5. Automated Emails. Is there a way to configure the style & settings for these. We have WPMU HTML emails templates installed for our WP emails, but the M2 emails are just;

Since there are quite a lot of different questions already in this thread could you please post this in separate thread so we can keep better track of everything.

Also, you can grant support access when opening new thread so we can check what is changing your email address.

In future, please open new threads for questions that are not closely related.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thank you,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.