Query Errors caused by Defender

I'm getting HTTP API CALL Errors on my wp-admin page that are caused by Defender. Is this something to be worried about? I made a screenshot in case you guys need it... Thanks!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Redouan,

hope you're doing well! :slight_smile:

It seems that the screenshot didn't go through, can you please re-share it?

Also in order to have a better look at that, could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5
    Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Redouan !
    Hope you are doing well today!

The Query Monitor plugin shows those 403 errors because you have the "Prevent PHP Execution" tweak enabled in the Defender Security Tweaks section. HTTP requests are being sent to the three files from WordPress, but since the "Prevent PHP Execution" tweak is enabled, the requests cannot go through. This is something that can be avoided.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Redouan,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

By looking at these messages, there is no actual reason to avoid this, as these files are being protected for different reasons and shouldn't cause halting any procedures.
    To be more exact, these are happening cause of the following Protection Rules in Defender:
    - Error Reporting
    - Prevent Information Disclosure
    - PHP Execution
    so it's safe to ignore these messages as the only way to resolve these is by disabling the above rules, which isn't advisable, especially for a live site.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.