Query on themes.

HI all,

I have a requirement from my client, Saying he needs CMS and Social Network, Needs to be under one domain, Is there any possible way of doing it ?? If so how ??

What in my mind is, Can i do like this!

1) I will buy a parent theme where i can do all the CMS work
2)Similarly i thought will buy a child theme, and integrate with Parent theme??

Is it a good idea ? will this work ??
if it sounds like a good idea, Please suggest me with a demo theme, So that i can test on that then decide on spending some money on buying a theme.

If not how can i deal with this.

Please suggest me.

Thanks
Harsha.

• full_metal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response, I am very much aware what wordpress is CMS, and Buddypress adds social integration. But my query was, Is there any theme, such as Parent and child combo ?? So that i can built CMS in parent theme and social N/W in Child theme.

Please suggest me.

Thanks
    Harsha.

• full_metal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

To be more clear, Let me consider, a) CMS b) Social Network

Assume i have a menu like "Home" , "Social Network" , "Events", "Jobs"... etc.

Now, If user click on Home, Events or Jobs button, He should be able to view Parent theme i.e CMS site.

If User clicks on "Social Network button" then the Child theme should get loaded which will have Buddy Press activity, Groups, members etc...

Is there any possibility of doing this? If so please help me.

Thanks
    Harsha.

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

You do have the ability with WP multisite to setup additional domains, subdomains, or subfolders to process aspects of your site differently. As far as the links to "Home" and "Social Network" - this is really cosmetic, not functional. You can make links go anywhere, so your description doesn't really help us understand your needs.

You CAN use multiple themes for different 'sites' (under WP multisite). You could also just use a different page 'template' for different aspects of the site, defaulting to one appearance (not technically a "theme") and other aspects of the site could implement a completely different look by using a different template file. More about templates here:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Templates

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Harsha,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.