quesions about hummingbird

1) I have browser cachineg on and set to 8 days, but Google pagespeed and pingdom are telling me it's off
2) I've turned on wpmu CDN, but it won't stay on. Whenever I come back to the page, it's off. Also, If I will be using maxcdn, does this CDN help at all
3) I can't get the minification page to show me all my files in a list like my other installs. Also, I don't understand the options here, do I want the file in the header and footer, and if so which one? What is the up and downsides to each?

• Nastia

Hello Jonathan

I hope all is well!

1) I have browser cachineg on and set to 8 days, but Google pagespeed and pingdom are telling me it's off

I've just run a test with PingDoom tools and the Leverage browser caching is shown activated. Please note the Google Page Speed requires about 20 to 30 minutes to show the changes done on the site.

2) I've turned on wpmu CDN, but it won't stay on. Whenever I come back to the page, it's off. Also, If I will be using maxcdn, does this CDN help at all

Would you please let me know, do you see any errors while connecting to the CloudFlare? Please add the following to the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Connect to the CloudFlare again, and refresh the page. If you are disconnected again, all errors will be saved in the debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Rename the debug.log to debug.txt and attach it here so we could check it.

3) I can't get the minification page to show me all my files in a list like my other installs. Also, I don't understand the options here, do I want the file in the header and footer, and if so which one? What is the up and downsides to each?

Would you please let me know which plugin's files are missing from the minification list?

The JS files should load from the footer, so move them to a footer position one file at the time, while checking if everything is working on the front end. If something is look broken, change the position back.

Leave the CSS files ant the original position

Always approach the minification with caution. Some files were developed not following the WordPress standards and combining/minify it with other files may break your front end.

For more information about Hummingbird Minification feature, please have a look at the following posts:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/eliminate-render-blocking-issues-hummingbird/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/hummingbird/

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.