Question about Affiliate Plugin

Hi! I've got a client who would like to have an affiliate program for her site that would work like this:

- She sells a $1545 in-person class. She currently just sends people instructions and a link to PayPal, but she would like for people to be able to register to pay for this on her site. (Marketpress?)

- If someone refers a friend to the class, the referrer gets $50 and the referee gets $50 off the price of the course.

It gets complicated because she's currently using the Membership plugin for an online course that she does, but I guess that doesn't have to be integrated into this functionality at all. What think you?

I downloaded the plugin and it looks like it might just do something completely different with links.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

There is no way to make the affiliate code give credit and also give a discount for the purchase, even with MarketPress.

Unless maybe she took the payment manually? Like cash in hand?

It would be possible, but you'd need to custom code this up or hire a developer to do that for you.

One other thing to note is that the affiliate commission is a percentage, not a set fee. Again you could customise that, but it would be coding required.

If it's in class stuff, wouldn't Appointments plus be a better option to ensure they know the dates, times, fees, and book out real appointments/classes?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.