Question about buddypress and membership

Hi hoping someone can assist.
So I've set up the membership pro and buddypress. But when I test registration. It seems a member could successfully register with out going through the payment section.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you so much.

Mark

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mark,

Hope you're doing well today!

I tested out your registration and it looks to be working as expected. They can create the user account without payment, but they won't be assigned a membership until payment is successful. So if they don't pay then they will have a restricted account :slight_smile:

Also, I noticed that you are using Membership 1 still, is there any reason for that? I would recommend updating to Membership 2 as it includes a ton more features and a re-designed user interface.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mark,

No problem! Our usage guide covers all the setup basics: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

If you have any questions on any of that just let me know.

As for migrating from M1 to M2. It will migrate over all your members, subscriptions, and the relationship between the two. You will need to re-setup the protection settings though. Which in Membership 2 you can for each Membership by going to:

Membership 2 > Protection Rules.

You can then add protected content to each membership as you see fit. Many of the protection rules are the same as you see in the access level options for M1. Just on a nicer interface :slight_smile: we've also added in a lot more options and add-ons as well.

If you have any questions before updating just let me know.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.