Question about buttons and appointment plugin

2a. Now I want to work on having my widget 2 be the set an appointment widget. as the plugin seems to have no button to kick off the process I need to make a button to set appointments from, is the correct?
2b. I have the max Buttons plugin which also does not seem to work right. you can see that i have a button called go to the survey which turns blue when u hover, so i copied it and changed the test to set an appointment which does not turn blue when u hover. why? did i do something wrong or is it a bug?
2c.also, when you look at the button it is a nice size button relative to the text, but when i add it to the page, the button outline is much more narrow, why and how do you fix that?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @steve,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

2a. Now I want to work on having my widget 2 be the set an appointment widget. as the plugin seems to have no button to kick off the process I need to make a button to set appointments from, is the correct?

Which widget are referring as my widget?

What are you trying to achieve by setting my widget as an appointment widget?

Which process do you want kick off?

2b. I have the max Buttons plugin which also does not seem to work right. you can see that i have a button called go to the survey which turns blue when u hover, so i copied it and changed the test to set an appointment which does not turn blue when u hover. why? did i do something wrong or is it a bug?

Do you have the following plugin?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/maxbuttons/

Where can i see the button called go to the survey?

What have you coped and changed?

2c.also, when you look at the button it is a nice size button relative to the text, but when i add it to the page, the button outline is much more narrow, why and how do you fix that?

Which button are you referring here?

Could you please explain your question a bit specifically by sharing page URL and screenshots so that i can help you?

Also please ask one question at a time so that we can better handle it.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @steve,

Thank you for your reply.

I have notified my colleague @selenamac about this topic who is dealing with this appointment question on the following topic.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/since-i-tried-to-install-plugins-all-i-get-is-500-internal-server-error-and-cannot-use-mpmudev-at

I also checked your appointment questions on the above topic but it's not too clear for me.

Could you please answer all of my questions asked in my following previous reply so that i can also help you?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/question-about-buttons-and-appointment-plugin#post-720701

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I can help with some of it without more information from you, but, like Vinod, I'm a little unclear on the exact problem. Links to examples of the problems you see can make sure we're all on the same page.

One issue is that you're running an outdated version of the Max Buttons plugin, updating it through your dashboard (Dashboard>Updates), as well as the other updates you have available, your issues with it might be fixed.

If you can answer these questions below, I might be able to help track down your other issues.

1. What steps did you follow to copy the button?
    2. On which page will I find the "Go To Survey" button?
    3. In question 2, part C, to which button are you referring, can you show me a link or a screenshot of the styling you don't like?

Thanks so much!

• steve
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I updated max buttons, but it seems same
    1. You can see in the left hand column of my dashboard the purple buttons tab and the buttons click underneath it, click on that. You will see the go to survey button which changes color when you hover. I simply hit copy, went into the new button and changed the button name and text to reflect appointments, the color sheme is the same, but hovering does not change colors.
    2. Buttons Tab
    3. you can see in my center widget, I placed the button and it is thin, yet under the buttons tab, it looks proper.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

1. The button you made was missing the hover attribute. I made a second Appointments button for you that works as you'd like. Instead of copying an existing button, I chose "Add New", it already had the default hover attribute, so all I had to do was name it, give it a text label, and save it. Delete the one you made and substitute in the one I made for you.

2. I don't see a button in what I'm assuming is your center widget, I just see "SSSS" in a plain white field. (Screenshot attached.)

3. Adding an appointments widget can be done from Appearance>Widgets. There are several pre-made Appointments widgets, I believe the one you want is called Appointments+ Services.

Hope this helps!

In the future, please try to stick to one topic per thread, it makes it much easier for us to make sure we answer all your questions, and it makes it easier for future members to find the answers they might be looking for.

Have a great day!

• steve

We did not get it sorted out. I could not find any of the premade buttons you talked about. The Set an appointment box i showed u is only that. It does not rollover, have formatting or make an action. I would have to add a max button to do that. All I see the appointments+ services widget as is a text box u can add to an existing widget. I need a button that functions. I thought that is what you were talking about.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Good morning steve! Actually, when I thought we were good, I went home for the day. : ) I'm back in, so we'll get everything.

1. I made a new Appointments button in Max Button. It looks just like the one you made, but it still has the hover effect. I linked it to the "phone appointments" page from your menu, but it looks like you need to create a Create an Appointment page in your Appointments settings. That will give you a page you can link to. Copy the URL and replace the URL to your phone appointments page in the button I made.

2. To then make that into a widget, we're going to need just a couple steps. Go to Appearances> Wdigets. Drag a Text widget (it will look blank, we're going to fill it up next) to the widget area in which you want it to appear. Type in whatever text you want, and then insert the shortcode for the button you want. HTML works in Text widgets, so if you need to do some simple text formatting (bold, italic, adding a hyperlink, etc.) you can achieve that with basic HTML tags.

HINT: Text widgets need to be told to leave spaces between lines, so if you need spacing between your text and the button, use a double line break, like so:
    </br></br>

• steve

1. I put the set an appointment button on the home page in widget 2 and as you can see, the button border and background is small, i would like it to be as you see then next button. click the set an appointment button and you will see the appointment setting page where the button to set an appointment now has the appearance i prefer.
    2. when i saw the video advertising appointments +, the user inetrface where they set the appointment looks clean and user friendly, however, what happens with what i set up when u click set an appointment now is not, how can i get it to look user friendly?
    3. here is what i am trying to achieve here..at this time, i am the only one in the company running appointments, so i am the only service provider. there are two kinds of appointments, a 30 minute initial consulation and appointments that are 2nd and beyond that are 60 minutes. It would be great if the user only saw available unbooked slots so they could quickly zero in on the time and date they want.
    4. when the appointment is set, i want the user to get reminder emails and have my google calender updated.

• steve

Hi @selenamac,
    I guess you didn't see my reply, Here it is again..
    1. I put the set an appointment button on the home page in widget 2 and as you can see, the button border and background is small, i would like it to be as you see then next button. click the set an appointment button and you will see the appointment setting page where the button to set an appointment now has the appearance i prefer.
    2. when i saw the video advertising appointments +, the user inetrface where they set the appointment looks clean and user friendly, however, what happens with what i set up when u click set an appointment now is not, how can i get it to look user friendly?
    3. here is what i am trying to achieve here..at this time, i am the only one in the company running appointments, so i am the only service provider. there are two kinds of appointments, a 30 minute initial consulation and appointments that are 2nd and beyond that are 60 minutes. It would be great if the user only saw available unbooked slots so they could quickly zero in on the time and date they want.
    4. when the appointment is set, i want the user to get reminder emails and have my google calender updated.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello, Steve.

Questions one and two are concerning how your theme performs. If you'd like your theme customized, I can point you to our jobs board where you can find a developer who can do custom design work for you.

Questions 2 and 3 require integration with Google Calendar. I know there is a plugin pulling from Google's API, but as I understand it, it's still in beta, so it's not 100% reliable or bug free at this time. As a beginning webmaster, I'd consider the risks versus rewards of integrating a plugin that's not fully tested, as you may experience many (and sometimes quite mysterious) issues with it.

Hope this helps! I think I've caught up with all your threads.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.