Question about Hustle prioritizing when there is more than one pop-up defined

Hello,

I would like to know if/how Hustle prioritizes when there's more than one pop-up that is defined.

Here's what I'm envisioning:
1) The first priority hustle popup is for the free lead magnet to opt in to my email list. Once the person either opts in to that or clicks "never show again", it moves to the next priority popup.
2) The second priority hustle popup would be either for a different free lead magnet or some specific sales page for a product or service.
3) Then you could define as many as you wanted and they would be prioritized like this.

What happens, for example, if I have 2 pop-ups defined? How does Hustle prioritize which one it shows to the visitor?

Thanks,
Dave

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Dave,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Hustle doesn't have any kind of prioritizing popup and will show then as you set them up to show in each popup settings.
    For example, if you set two popups to show after 2 seconds then they will both open at the same time, one over another.

So I'm afraid that the setup you are after is not possible out of the box and would require some custom development to make it work.

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our jobs board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• David Thibault
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,

I am digging into this again. In looking at your code it seems like the opt-in conditions are hard coded . Is there a filter somewhere that I'm not seeing that would allow me to add custom optin conditions without editing your code directly? I have the ability to do this myself, but I'm wondering how to go about it in the most seamless way with respect to interfacing with your code. I don't see any obvious filter names when searching for all of your apply_filters calls.

Best,
    Dave

• David Thibault

I did find one workaround, but it requires editing your code. In hustle/inc/hustle-custom-content-model.php, if you create a filter before returning display at the end of function should_display_type($type) it would be helpful. I added this:
    $display = apply_filters('should_display_type',$display,$type, $this->get_data(), $settings);

That way you can inspect the opt-in thoroughly before making a decision as to when to show it. Then you can handle whichever logic you like in custom code.

• David Thibault

That workaround is for version 2.1.5. I just noticed after I posted this question that there was a v 3.0. I see there have been significant changes, so I'm back to square 1 for figuring out this integration. However, I think I will be able to figure it out. I will post back here again when I have an idea of how it works in 3.0. If you have any insights in the meantime, I'd be happy to hear it.

Best,
    Dave

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dave,

I notified developers that this was for older version of the plugins, but I also explain what the point of adding this was so they can still check it for 3.x
    If you do find anything in the meantime I'll gladly forward it to them and hopefully speed up the integration :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi David Thibault !

I've just added some changes and hustle_sort_modules hook for that. Probably it will be available with 3.0.5 version. It will sort popup by title by default. Let's image we have two popups FIRST and SECOND and you want to show FIRST one at first :slight_smile: So, you should rename it like 2_FIRST and 1_SECOND for that or use the hook with custom sort. If you can't wait you can try to use this patch.

Best,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.