Question about Jobs and Experts

Hi there, Really love the look of everything and happy I found you guys.

Im going to be using the jobs and experts plugin on my site, a bit of background it is a website, for tradsmen ( painters, plumber, electricians and what not ) to come and find different "jobs" that customers have posted.

I.E a customer needs their house painted, the list a job and the tradesmen can come and see the job listings, my question is - the tradies need to pay for each "lead/job" so is there a way I can display a portion of the job, but in order to see the rest of it, and get the listers contact information they pay, or it goes against their membership? I will be offering different levels of member ship. I.E pay for 5 "leads/jobs" per month, and so on... so is there a way I can do it through the current platform? or can you suggest a plugin to use?

Thanks

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Josh,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You said you already offering them different memberships to let them search and find jobs on your site right ? Now as a subscriber If I am subscribed to your one of membership for that purpose and then if I find that I need to pay extra bucks to know who posted that job, I would not like that. But this is completely my perception of seeing things and I could be wrong too. :slight_smile:

And what you want to achieve will require some custom amount of work even with third party plugin, as Jobs and Listing is powered by custom post type and to protect some portion of it, will requires some change in its core files, I think in this case our Pay Per View plugin can be your savoir with custom coding.

Again, I suggest you think more about this plan and ask some other people about this, then whatever your decision will be, we will try to help you if its in our context. :slight_smile:

Wish you very pleasant day. And please ping me back if you need help with anything else here.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Josh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Milan,

I may have explained it wrong, sorry.
    Each tradesman would pay a monthly membership, which would get them a cetain number of "jobs/leads" example 20 dollars per month may get them 3 leads/jobs to view.

So it would not be 2 separate payments.

Do you think that is possible?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Josh!

Currently Jobs & Experts plugin and Membership 2 Pro plugin does not support that kind of integration. You may use Membership 2 Pro to protect access to job ads (or other parts of Jobs & Experts) plugin but this doesn't allow limiting it e.g. 3 per month.

Since Membership 2 Pro includes an API this may be possible with some custom programming. You may want to ask for it at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Additionally, I'm moving this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum so hopefully more members of our community will support the idea and with enough support such a feature may be implemented in future.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.