Question about Parallel Payments and Global Carts

Hello. I have been looking at a way to have a global cart and also take a % of every transaction. I know currently this is not possible with MarketPress but I have two proposed solutions and I wonder if anyone would know how I would go about implementing them.

1) From what I understand, Parallel payments work with a global cart, where it divides up the money and sends it to the appropriate seller. With this in mind. Couldn't an extra fake item be added to the order with myself as the receiver. The amount could simple be a percentage of the entire transaction.

Example:
Buyers order: (3 items)
$10 shoes from Store #1
$5 shirt from Store #2
$1.50 fee to the network owner.

It's simply as if he is buying three items, where as the third item is calculated based off his order total.

Proposed solution #2:
PayPal chained payments is used where me (the network owner) is set as the primary seller and all the other stores are set as secondary sellers. I understand it would show the transaction is going to me and not the individual store owner, but this works perfectly with how I have my store set up anyway.

• aecnu

Greetings guy_kilgour,

Thank you for your input and this has not been by far the first time this very subject was brought up.

I have no comments for implementing them without custom coding this in, if it is indeed possible, which is way beyond the scope of the support we provide here, but we do try to help if we can.

The answers of the past have to do with the allowable gateway parameters that PayPal offers and the restrictions/guidelines there in that have prevented this from happening in the past.

To the best my knowledge in the last two years there has not been a single sole that has overcome the parameters I refer to above.

To indeed get this possibly accomplished you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute - just by the amount of responses if any will tell you how feasible it is to implement even if you never actually pay to have it done.

In others words if not a single bite on the proposal then you know there are not any developers with the vision of how to overcome this - if once again it is possible.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.