Question about Pro Sites Registration / Subscription plan display

I am planning a project that is going to work around having subscription-based blogs on a multisite wordpress installation using Pro Sites. I see that it has the ability to display a list of plans after you register, but I am wondering if there is a way to have it display these plans on the front page (Or any given page, for that matter) so that a non-registered user can select one and subscribe (via choosing to make an account right there then proceed to payment, or logging in and proceeding to payment). Short of remaking the WP Registration process to incorporate this into the main page, I am not quite sure how to accomplish this.

I have two questions, which are essentially:
1) Can I accomplish this with the Pro Sites plugin
2) If not, and I have to use a third party plugin, can it be done while maintaining the full Pro Sites features?

Thanks.

Edit: I have read https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/installed-pro-sites-configured-it-but-how-can-visitors-sign-up-for-sites-wheres-the-form but I am wanting to get a better idea of what is said on there: Am I correct in assuming if I want to be able to do this and have control over the process of registration, and how it leads into the subscription payments, I need to remake the registration according to my needs? And if this is the case, how is this going to affect my customers and users that want to register on their blogs?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello digitallyevolved!

And Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

The way ProSites was originally developed was to work behind the WordPress Registration Process. Meaning that the site has to be created before you can apply a subscription package.

There have been others, as you can see by the post you referenced, that have found a way around this by using Gravity Forms and Formidable Pro. The seem to be happy and successful with it :slight_smile:

I agree that it would be ideal to see some form of "all in one" registration package built on the Wordpress Registration for ProSites. However at this time it is not something that is available.

You can definitely achieve what you are looking for, however it will mean some custom work. Which third party plugin or option you use is going to greatly affect your end result. Anything you use to modify the registration should have no affect at all on the ProSites capabilities, so you should have no worries there.

It's really just a matter of which tool you decide to use to do the job. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if I can provide feedback on anything else.

Best,

Kimberly

• digitallyevolved
    • New Recruit

Thanks for you're reply. That's pretty much what I was figuring. I actually looked at the edublogs site that is referenced in the Pro Sites plugin and I like the way they handle the registration. Looking at it, I can see it looks like they are using the default registration for the most part, with a little bit of customization (eg: It looks like it takes in the target subscription level via GET variables which I'm guessing get passed to the subscription page after registering?). Is this correct? Or do they use something like Gravity Forms/Formidable Pro to accomplish this?

Thanks.

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi @digitallyevolved - you are correct that on Edublogs we use the standard signup form with a bit of customization and get variables.

In Pro Sites, there is actually a setting to "Show Option On Signup" which asks users to choose a level when signing up. It will then take them to the checkout page once they've registered their blog.

Will that work for you? It is under Pro Sites > Settings - the sixth option down.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.