question about product usage

I'd like you to clarify something for me. I have a subscription with you and I'm a website developer.

My understanding was that I would be able to use WPMU DEV plugins & themes in projects I created on behalf of my clients. However once I started promoting my business stating that I would install WP and themes and plugins from WPMU DEV in projects that I created for clients I was told (by a third party Gig site) that this is not allowed in your Terms Of Use Contract.

I was NOT told this from WPMU DEV. But I want to know if the third party Gig site was reading your agreement right? Please give me a yes or no answer.

The only reason I got this subscription was to use themes and plugins in projects that I was creating for my clients. Otherwise it's basically useless to buy a subscription to over a hundred plugins & themes I can't use to develop sites for my clients. Because that's what I do for a living.

Also I want to be clear that I am not asking you if it is alright to allow clients direct access to WPMU DEV products by using my account. I understand that would be a violation of you TOS agreement. And I have no intention of doing that. Because they can get a subscription account of their own if they want access to your full software library. Just as I did.

And I also understand that you will not be responsible for providing my clients with customer support. That's my job and I can manage that. All that being said and understood do you have any problem what so ever with me using WPMU DEV products in projects I develop for my clients?

Please let me know so I can decide if this subscription is right for me.

I would like to hear from an official representative of WPMU DEV to clarify this issue.

Thank You.

RG

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello RG,

You can install our plugins and themes on unlimited clients sites. That is yes. We don't limit you to use our products to only on your sites.

See here https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/

Q: Can I carry on using WPMU DEV plugins and themes for as long as I like even if I don’t have a paid membership?

A: Yes! All of our plugins and themes are GPL so you can carry on using them for as long as you like and on as many sites as you like, without any license.

Also I want to be clear that I am not asking you if it is alright to allow clients direct access to WPMU DEV products by using my account. I understand that would be a violation of you TOS agreement.

If you look on Terms under API KEY, it also says " You may only use your API key on sites that belong to you or those of your clients. " - so again, you can use it on your clients site. However, yuor clients should not have direct access to that API - like they should not be able to reuse it withour your knowledege

You may not resell, share, or publish your API key

I think the third party Gig site was reffering to this part of our TOS

You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access. You may not provide direct, or indirect access to our content or downloads.

Using our plugins on your clients site is not violation of those terms. But giving credentials to your client so they can install, update plugins on their own, and use our support would be violation of those terms.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.