Question about service provider google calendars

Hi,

I want Appointments+ to read my service providers' own google calendars to see when they are available.

To do this I presume I allow service providers google Calendar API integration. Then each user completes the integration information on their user profile.

I don't understand the reference to not using your primary google calendar. That's the whole point of the exercise. Are you saying each service provider has to create a new google calendar? If so that calendar will have no appointments in it whereas the primary calendar has all the information that would make this app useful.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Phil

• Vaughan

Hi @Philip,

No, you're not missing anything.

The reason we say not to use the primary calendar is because using the primary calendar does not work, automatic synching to the primary calendar can take a few days which pretty much makes it useless, this has nothing to do with the plugin or code, this is google itself, there is nothing we can do about that, which is why creating a specific calendar to use with appointments+ is necessary as synching will then be done within a few minutes.

Each provider will need to create their own calendar app in google. then they will need to send you their private key file, which you will need to upload to the server for them.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.