Question about Smush Pro

I have been running WP Smush Pro and haven't gotten through all the photos in my library (over 1000 images). But I went back to look at some photos that have been optimized. They still show a file size of 1 mb and some are more than 1 mb. I thought the Smush Pro compressed them below the 1 mb level. Are there other settings I need to select under the Smush settings? I have many, many photos that are 1mb or greater.

Also, will the changes to the photos in my WP media library carry over to the photos/images in my posts and pages? Will I need to go back on my individual blog posts and delete/reinsert optimized images from the library? Or do the changes to images in the library automatically change the images in my posts/pages?

• Luís

Hi Stephen ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The Smush compression is lossless, however you have a "Super-smush" option that compress the images up to 10x more than regular smush.

Also, will the changes to the photos in my WP media library carry over to the photos/images in my posts and pages? Will I need to go back on my individual blog posts and delete/reinsert optimized images from the library? Or do the changes to images in the library automatically change the images in my posts/pages?

After smushed the images, you don't need to make any change, your post and pages will use this "compressed" images.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.