Question about suitability of Buddypress for my project

I am new to Buddypress, it is something I came across while researching a project. I thought that something like the Studio theme and buddypress might gie me a lot of the functionality I need 'out of the box' but I really would appreciaste some opinions as to whether this would be the best choice for my requirements. They are:

1. Public site that advertises the service, visible to any visitor to the site
2. Need users to be able to join up for free as an 'expert' and create a custom profile. Therefore we need to be able to add a new Wordpress role of Expert and to be able to control what an 'Expert' is and isn't allowed to see on the site. They also need to be able to add notes and info to their profile as tyhey are effectively advertising themselves in a directory.
3. Need other users to be able to join up for free as a 'client' and search the directory profile of Experts possibly by category. Therefore we need to be able to add a new Wordpress role of Client and to be able to control what a 'Client' is and isn't allowed to see on the site.
4. We want to send a welcome email to each new sign up tailored to the kind of client they are (expert or client).
5. Admin need to approve or reject all applications before they go live on the site.

Is this suited to Buddypress? Any thoughts and or suggestions very much appreciated!