Question about tables and user registrations

I must not understand how Pro Sites registration works.

Here's what I was expecting:

1) I expected users can view the pricing table before they login/register for a site. Seems like the pricing information is hidden and someone has to register just to see pricing info? Is this right? How will someone know the pricing info before they register?

2) I expected users who register for a blog would automatically have a user account on the Main Site
Read this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/does-subsite-user-registration-sync-back-to-master-site

The default behavior of Multisite is that users registering on one site will be pseudo-Subscribers of all sites on the network, meaning they will be able to log in to all sites as if they were already a user with the subscriber role.

I created a test blog with Pro Sites. When I log out of the test blog and I check my Main Site's list of users I don't see the user that I registered to create the test blog. I thought I would.

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Robert,

1) I expected users can view the pricing table before they login/register for a site. Seems like the pricing information is hidden and someone has to register just to see pricing info? Is this right? How will someone know the pricing info before they register?

Have you enabled option in Network Settings that "both site and user account can be registered"?

I created a test blog with Pro Sites. When I log out of the test blog and I check my Main Site's list of users I don't see the user that I registered to create the test blog. I thought I would.

Yes, it does work like that. But to register your user and register site with it and skip the issue from point one you would need to add that account to the main site, so it has to be there. How did you add that user exactly?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Robert

Yes "both site and user account can be registered" was checked. It turned out it was my cache that was causing trouble. I cleared it and the page loaded like it was suppose to.

Not exactly sure I understand your reply to the 2nd part.
    The way I created the user is:
    1) Log out as super admin, then register a site which automatically created an admin user.
    2) I logged out of admin user and then logged back in as super-admin on my Primary Site. The new admin user does not show up when I go to my Primary Site and look at the list of all users.

Nithin

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today.

The new admin user does not show up when I go to my Primary Site and look at the list of all users.

By default, when a new user registers a website through Pro sites, the user will have an admin role to his subsite, also the same user will be listed in the primary sites users list with a Subscriber role.

At the moment, I tried to register through your website, and I'm getting the following error:

And Signup through Pro sites is also disabled:

I tried to change the site settings to register, but I'm still getting the same errors. Maybe one of the plugins is causing a conflict, or overriding the settings. Please advise if I'm missing anything here. If not, please disable all the other plugins temporary, and then check whether you are still able to replicate the same issue, of users not being listed in the primary site.

Could you please mention which subsite, and username that you created weren't listed in the user list of your primary site?

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Robert

Hi Nithin, I made a couple of changes and you should be able to login and create a site now.
    To login please go to the http://www.sitename.com/_test3 (not posting url on public forum, my site is connected to the hub, it's the one ending in /_test3)

If you want to login use the link on the front page, on the sidebar. The site login url page is /front-door, not /wp-login by the way.

To recreate the steps go to the /_test3 site, click the Create My Site link. Register for a new blog and select manual payment (only one setup so far).

I did these steps and created a test user called "greenbear". This user is active and able to log into their own blog.
    I go to Network Admin > Users > All Users = able to see this user.
    I go to Primary Site Dashboard > Manage > View All Users = user is NOT listed here.

Nithin

Hi Robert,

Thank you for making it clear, it seems like the support access isn't enabled in your system. So I wasn't able to check your network dashboard, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look, and see what's being missed here.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Robert

Performed 1 test and yes it worked.
    Will perform more tests down the line and keep an eye on this.
    Thanks!

Could you please tell me more about the users that are captured by WP MU, using SitePro...
    The users that exist in the Network Admin > All Users page, I'm guessing this user list shows ALL users across the entire network. Doesn't matter if they are registered on my Primary Site or on one of the subsites.

What I was expecting:
    Let's say someones has a subsite (for example Subsite C) and they allow someone to register to that site, let's say username Joe1. Joe1 will show up on Subsite C list of users, and on the Network Admin user list, but NOT on my Primary Site.

What is happening:
    I did a test and noticed that Joe1 shows up on the Subsite C user list, on the Network Admin users list, AND on the Primary Site's user list. Just wasn't expecting them to show up on the Primary Site since they registered on Subsite C.

1) Please confirm this is how it all works.

2) If I want to delete a user from which site should I do it from?

Nithin

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today.

What is happening:
    I did a test and noticed that Joe1 shows up on the Subsite C user list, on the Network Admin users list, AND on the Primary Site's user list. Just wasn't expecting them to show up on the Primary Site since they registered on Subsite C.

As I have mentioned in my previous reply, users will get created as subscriber in primary site as a subscriber, and will also be listed in the network admin users too. You can delete the user from the main site, if you want to delete it.

However, the registration process can differ if there is a plugin which alters on how it works, so if you still aren't sure, please enable support access, and also mention the subsite which we should be checking, so that we could help get you sorted asap.

Please check this manual on how to enable support access: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, if you still want us to give a closer look. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Robert

I see. OK that makes sense Nithin

I know that when a user creates their own blog through Pro Sites they are also listed as a user (as subscriber role) on the Main Site.

I just didn't know that when users register to their newly created blog that those users also get added to the main site (as subscriber role). Basically users that register as subscribers to subsites also get added to the Main Site as subscribers, not just the admins that created the subsite.

Ok now I know how users get added and what sites they are automatically added to.

Thanks!