Question about the upgrades plugin

I would like to understand this plugin a little more to see if it will work like I'm hoping. Can This plugin allow the site visitors to buy credits to use for each other? Basically use the credits as an online medium to buy and sell local services at a discount. So I set up a site, let people setup their profiles and what services/products they have to sell. The credits would also be a two for one exchange-they get two credits for a dollar. It's kind of a barter/money site idea.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Charris42,

The Upgrades plugin wouldn't work in that way, I'm afraid. The credits can only be used within the system itself, for services provided through the plugin, such as the various included Upgrades plugins.

If you take a look at those included plugins, you'll see it's possible to extend the capabilities of the plugin by creating your own.

Ultimately though, the Upgrades plugin is being superseded by the forthcoming Supporter update, which is being discussed in the following thread, and where there's a beta version provided as well.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-30-beta-release-help-us-test

Perhaps you could add your thoughts on how you might want upgrade credits to work to that thread?

Cheers,
    David

• gregw100
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm looking to use the Upgrades plugin in the same way that Charris42 would like to. I've been reading about the Pro Sites plugin, but it still does not seem to have the feature that Charris42 was requesting. Perhaps I missed something. Is that feature available?

Ideally, I would like a way for my buddypress users to buy credits, which then can be used to buy advertising spots on my site, similar to Facebook Social Ads. Is there any way this can be done, even with a little hacking?

Greg

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Charris42.

Yeah a new thread can be opened for feature requests. :slight_smile:

Hey Greg.

Ideally, I would like a way for my buddypress users to buy credits, which then can be used to buy advertising spots on my site, similar to Facebook Social Ads. Is there any way this can be done, even with a little hacking?

You may wish to have a look at the latest beta plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ad-server-version-01-beta

Its an Ad Server. I'm sure Barry will welcome all feature suggestions/requests as well. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.