Question Author missing author link?

Note sure if there was an update that removed the profile link to the "Questions" author, but it is really important to have that feature. Can that be restored? This is on a members-only website, so the site is not open to the public. I am getting this error all over the dashboard:

[Q&A] After Visitor Submits a Question setting requires registration of the visitor, but your website is closed to registrations. You may consider to fix this using plugin settings or Wordpress settings.

Can we disable that message?

Thanks,

• Nithin

HI SocialWINN,

Hope you are doing good today.

"Questions" author, but it is really important to have that feature. Can that be restored?

There wasn't any recent update made to the plugin, last one was on May. Maybe there is a plugin conflict, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.

If that didn't work, please enable support access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual.

[Q&A] After Visitor Submits a Question setting requires registration of the visitor, but your website is closed to registrations. You may consider to fix this using plugin settings or Wordpress settings.
    Can we disable that message?

.error .fade {
    	display: none;
    }

Could you please try the following CSS, and check whether it makes any difference. Should should hide that message.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• SocialWINN

WordPress, theme and plugins all up-to-date.

Switched themes: No change. Profile links still missing.
    Note: when switching theme got this error:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fra2010/public_html/my/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/admin.php:373) in /home/fra2010/public_html/my/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1167

Disabled plugins: No change. Profile links still missing. Also got above error.

Added custom CSS for message, but error regarding User settings still appearing.

Activated WPMU support access.

Thanks for your help, I am totally stuck.

• Rupok

Hi SocialWINN, hope you had a wonderful day.

In current version, question author link is not shown by default in single question page in front-end. So can you please confirm it was showing on a previous version? If yes, can you please tell us on which version it was showing so I can download that version and check?

Regarding the header already sent error, can you please confirm you are getting that error even when all plugins are disabled? Do you have any MU Plugin on your site? Can you please remove them temporarily too and check if the issue is still there?

Is your site a live site? Can we try switching your theme?

Please let us know. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• SocialWINN

Yes, the site is live.

back on July 22, 2016, we were asking about the "Sorting" features of Q&A, at that time the author link and profile avatar were showing up in the bottom right corner of the question just above the Reply box. Unfortunately, I don't know what updates were made between then and now.

Yes, you can switch the theme quickly for testing purposes. Please activate "WP Maintenance Mode" prior so that the site does not appear broken.

No MU plugins running.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello SocialWINN,

back on July 22, 2016, we were asking about the "Sorting" features of Q&A, at that time the author link and profile avatar were showing up in the bottom right corner of the question just above the Reply box.

I know for sure that wasn't previous version that you updated from because previous version doesn't show avatars also. I went back to version 1.4.2.9 from 2013 to see that links. I compared code for that function and both versions have it, the same way, but new version is not using template tags at all so this is definitely a bug.
    I'm writing report for developer about that issue and hopefully he will be able to provide fix soon.

Added custom CSS for message, but error regarding User settings still appearing.

You can disable that message by allowing users to register or by setting in Q&A option "After Visitor Submits a Question or Answer" to "Question is assigned to a user". Because your site is not publicly accessible there will be no difference with that option and message will disappear.

kind regards,
    Kasia