Question description not showing

hi there

When I click to see a question it doesn't show the description of the question.... only the title & category etc

You can see a sample of it here: http://allthingsquilting.com.au/questions/this-is-my-test-question/

Also on the ask a question page I'd like the category etc moved from below the description to above it - how do I do this?

cheers

Stef

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Stef.

This issue has been reported to the developer and should be fixed in the next release. In the mean time I supplied a fix in the following thread so you can use the plugin as expected. :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/doesnt-display-the-content-of-the-question#post-172048

Also on the ask a question page I'd like the category etc moved from below the description to above it - how do I do this?

To alter this you would need to change the following:

<div id="question-body">
    			<div id="question-content"><?php the_content(); ?></div>
    			<?php the_question_category(  __( 'Category:', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ) . ' <span class="question-category">', '', '</span>' ); ?>
    			<?php the_question_tags( __( 'Tags:', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ) . ' <span class="question-tags">', ' ', '</span>' ); ?>
    			<span id="qa-lastaction"><?php _e( 'asked', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ); ?> <?php the_qa_time( get_the_ID() ); ?></span>

<div class="question-meta">
    				<?php the_qa_action_links( get_the_ID() ); ?>
    				<?php the_qa_author_box( get_the_ID() ); ?>
    			</div>
    		</div>

To:

<div id="question-body">
       <?php the_question_category(  __( 'Category:', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ) . ' <span class="question-category">', '', '</span>' ); ?>
    			<div id="question-content"><?php the_content(); ?></div>
    			<?php the_question_tags( __( 'Tags:', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ) . ' <span class="question-tags">', ' ', '</span>' ); ?>
    			<span id="qa-lastaction"><?php _e( 'asked', QA_TEXTDOMAIN ); ?> <?php the_qa_time( get_the_ID() ); ?></span>

<div class="question-meta">
    				<?php the_qa_action_links( get_the_ID() ); ?>
    				<?php the_qa_author_box( get_the_ID() ); ?>
    			</div>
    		</div>

This change would need doing every time you update the plugin.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.