Question for the Affiliates settings

I am using the Affiliates + Membership 2 Pro

I have setup the Membership 2 Pro with 3 subscriptions:

1-Free
2-$4.99/month
3-$9.99/month

Is it possible for me to setup the affiliate program (commissions) as follow:

- When affiliate use his URL and refer someone who subscribe to $9.99 -> I give %50 - 1 time per new user
- When affiliate use his URL and refer someone who subscribe to $4.99 -> I give %50 - 1 time per new user
Pay out when a minimum of $25

So I suspect what i have mentioned previously should be easily done.... (please confirm)

Now the tricky part... Is it possible to do as follow:

When affiliate use his URL and refer someone who subscribe to a FREE subscription -> I give nothing for now.... and as soon as that user upgrades to $4.99 or $9.99, I give him one time %50 in commission.

Is it something possible? ex: the free member upgrades in 6 months that I give hat commission of 1 time %50.

Thank you :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi John,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Is it possible for me to setup the affiliate program (commissions) as follow:

- When affiliate use his URL and refer someone who subscribe to $9.99 -> I give %50 - 1 time per new user
    - When affiliate use his URL and refer someone who subscribe to $4.99 -> I give %50 - 1 time per new user

Yes it's possible by integrating Affiliates and Membership 2 Pro plugins by enabling the Affiliates add-on Membership2 plugin and configuring the affiliates for the Memberships as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is it something possible? ex: the free member upgrades in 6 months that I give hat commission of 1 time %50.

This feature is already requested previously in the following thread so i have notified the plugin developer to get his valuable reply regarding whether it's implemented or in the pipeline to get it implemented.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-are-affiliate-commissions-handled-for-subscription-upgrades#post-665890

The developer will reply here ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• John
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,

I did look back and I was not able to see any response or ideas of the feature will be added soon? Is there a way to have a way to know what is the developer's official plan and if I should be the feature added anytime soon.

Thank you once again for the WONDERFUL Support! :slight_smile:
    Regards,
    John

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @John

I can't give you any ETA or any confirmation I am afraid. We already have a big to-do list to improve the plugin. As this is already marked as feature request, I believe many users will be interested and then our developer will consider it.

If you need this feature urgently, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

• John

Thank you for the reply.

I may have a solution... if you look at my scenario is at the top of the topic.

Am I able to give a 7 days free trial for plan 2 or 3 and after 7 days if they chose to continue then I would give commissions (1 time $2.50 for plan 1.... 1 time $5 for plan 2)?

Thank you :slight_smile:

• John

Hi Ash,

Just a side note and please see this in a "constructive" way....

I am extremely happy and impressed about the speed of the support... I love the membership plugins and see great progress and updates over the past few weeks.

For the affiliates, I have a feeling the developer is not longer focusing on the plugin... (just a feeling)... he is not replying to any messages and features are not adding up....

I see other affiliate plugins that offers so much more features but I don't want to move to plugins outside wpmudev...

I just wanted to share my concern and hope I am completely wrong with my assumptions.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @John

The affiliate plugin developer is currently busy in a very important internal project. The membership 2 plugin is very new and still a lot of work need to do.

I believe very soon, both plugin will be compatible in a good way. And when it will be working on, definitely we will take your suggestion and feature request.

Cheers
    Ash

• John

Hello,

I am doing a little follow up to see if there's anything new with the plugin and membership2?

As a second question. I have 3 levels of membership: Free, $5/month, $10/month.

If I set a free trial 30 days to any membership ($5 or $10) after the first free month, when they pay for the second month, am I able to set up the system so there's a commission on the 2nd month (after free month)?

Thank you

Can you please tell me if I give a 15 days trial to any

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello John,

At the moment there is no update with the Affiliates and the Membership - our devs are still working on both plugins.
    As soon as there will be any news on this we will update this thread. I'm really sorry for this inconvenience - hopefully this will be soon resolved.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.