Question on Appointments+ plugin

I have a client that wants 2 different options:

1) to have multiple people(clients) book with one person (like a therapist) so client A&B book an appointment with the one therapist.

2) have 1 person book with several different staff members, like a masseuse. So client A would like to book a massage with Jim one day, Sally another.

• Josh

Hey, Walt. You didn't ask a question so I'm not sure what to answer.

When customer makes an appointment, they can pick both the service and the provider (assuming the provider does the service). So #2 is super easy.

For #1, you didn't give enough info for me to tell you how easy it is, but it is possible. Depending on what you're specifically after, you can do it with dummy service providers.

• Walt

Hi Josh,
      I got further clarification direct words from client:

"All sessions are held on a particular 'day' (there are no time slots). The healing sessions are energetically sent on a particular day of the month (at no particular time) and the training workshops are held on a particular day (for the whole day). The multiple booking facility has to cope with determining which person has booked for which particular session. WordPress checkout only allows for one person's details (not for multiple bookings) - this means that a person booking two people for one particular session only gives me one person's details, and not details for two people"

Can I use appointments+ to solve her problem ?

Thanks,
      Walt

• Andre Foisy

Hello there @Walt

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community, and thank you for contacting our support team with your question.

I hope you're having a great day! :slight_smile:

@Josh here above is right on the money indeed! As far as I understand what you are pointing here, that I assume to be questions as if Appointments+ can do that, that can be done out of the box.

I hope that helps and do not hesitate to ask for more questions whenever you need help.

Best regards,
    Andre

• Walt

Hi Andre,
      I got further clarification direct words from client:

"All sessions are held on a particular 'day' (there are no time slots). The healing sessions are energetically sent on a particular day of the month (at no particular time) and the training workshops are held on a particular day (for the whole day). The multiple booking facility has to cope with determining which person has booked for which particular session. WordPress checkout only allows for one person's details (not for multiple bookings) - this means that a person booking two people for one particular session only gives me one person's details, and not details for two people"

Can I use appointments+ to solve her problem ?

Thanks,
      Walt

• Ash

Hello @Walt

I hope you are well today.

(there are no time slots)

There must be a time slot, you can set a 8 hours slot like 9am to 5pm.

Do you want multiple users to book same slot? Then when you create a service from Appointments > Settings > Services then you need to set capacity like 5 or 10 or whatever you want.

If you want you can use our MarketPress plugin that will allow to book multiple slots and pay together.

If you want one user to book same slot for multiple users, that's not possible.

If you want something like event system, maybe this plugin will suit you well?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.