Question on Free Trial with Membership 2 Pro

Getting client back online with resetting up the membership plugin, and I have a major question... Not sure if it's a bug or if it's just how this version operates.

Went to set up a test account, and was not asked for any payment info.

There's a 7 day free trial period, is that why? And how do I convert the free trial to the paid subscription once it's over?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Steph,

I hope you're well today and thanks for this question!

The "free trial" work like this:

- user registers for a free trial
    - the invoice is prepared
    - user can access the invoice at his/her account page
    - there's a "due date" setup
    - if the user makes a payment before due date she/he is converted to the full (selected) membership
    - if user skips the payment before due date, the access for him/her is automatically restricted to the level you've setup for this particular membership.

After the trial period is over, there are three ways to go:

1. The user has payed: user is converted to the full (selected) membership
    2. The user didn't pay: access is restricted to the defined level for the selected membership
    3. The user didn't pay: as above but you can manually promote her/him to a membership of choice by going to your dashboard's "Membership 2" -> "Members" page and assigning him/her a membership.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Steph,

Thank you for granting access and additional information!

I've checked your site's settings and also created myself an account signing up for a trial membership.

As for the lack of the "pay button". It should appear just couple of days before the trial period ends, as far as I'm aware. However, I'm still wondering why I wasn't able to access the videos as a trial user, despite the fact these should be accessible with the membership I was assigned.

That said, I think I need to make use of our 2nd-line support help here. I've already notified them of the issue and hopefully they'll be able to come up with a solution or an answer soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Steph Calvert

Thanks Adam, but I'm under fire with this client because site has taken so long to finish, and they're not happy with the Membership 2 updates. Specifically, they're completely against the new free trial setup, where client has to basically be reminded to pay at the end of their free trial.

Unfortunately my office is getting ready to close for a week for a biz trip, don't have time to wait for bug fixes, client has asked me to install and set up a different plugin today so their July coupon promo can go on as planned.

Marking this as resolved, but I'd strongly suggest changing that free trial functionality back to where it was before the upgrade. Thanks guys!