Question on how ticket system on this page works

Once a staff member posts an answer does the question fall off the radar or other staff? In other words does that staff member now "own" the ticket/question and other staff may not see it?
I ask so i can know if i should just be patient and wait for the next time the staff is on duty to get any further responses
Not complaining, just want to understand how it works so i have the correct expectation.

• aristath

Hello there @Dev4,

Once a staff member posts an answer does the question fall off the radar or other staff? In other words does that staff member now "own" the ticket/question and other staff may not see it?

Once a staff member answers to a question, we consider that they are in charge of that question. Your question doesn't "fall off the radar", nor does it disappear since everything is public. On Weekends some staff members work less that they do on weekdays, so there might be some delay there.
    In general we go though ALL posts every couple of days and if we see that a thread hasn't been answered by the staff member responsible for it, then we post a reply to the user's question.
    If your question has gone unanswered for a couple of days, I would advise you to simply post a reply on that thread. Due to the number of posts in these forums the staff member in charge of your question might occasionally miss your reply... though that rarely happens it's a possibility.

Could you post a link to the thread you're referring to?

I hope that helps clear up things a bit!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Dev4

Thanks Ari,

That was an excelent clarification and it helps me understand the system in place.
    I also work in a customer service/online support environment and our system is simillar.

I do have a ticket out there but don't need to call it out. It is not that old. I will wait for the staff member to posta response. Though i may bump it in the community forum in the hopes that someone else may have a suggestion.

I did notice that a new post will put it to the top of the public forum. I am guessing from your description that staff also has another view so they can see thier open tickets.

Thanks ... And just as a note..l i am very happy with service here... Just wanted a peek behind the curtain :slight_smile: (which you provided)

• aristath

I did notice that a new post will put it to the top of the public forum. I am guessing from your description that staff also has another view so they can see thier open tickets.

Yes, our view is a bit more complicated that yours... allowing us to see all unanswered topics, topics without a staff response, unresolved issues where a staff member is not the last poster (therefore there is an update), topics that have been unanswered for 3 days and much much more... Little things that help us stay sane and keep track of things. :slight_smile:

Thanks ... And just as a note..l i am very happy with service here...

It's always a pleasure to help! :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.