Question on RepPoints

I've been wondering for awhile, if I gift points, do I deplete my own? I'm hoping to one day be a lifetime member, so I'm working on wracking up the points, but I'd also like to reward those who have been helpful to me. It was just unclear on the gifting whether I am losing the points I gift.
Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi SJoAnneF.

Yeah, imagine rep points as a virtual cash. You can only gift/spend what you own.

Helping out others with issues you have resolved in the past or just know the answer to is a sure fast way of getting their appreciation. At the beginning of this year I joined for one month and within 2 to 3 weeks I had helped a whole bunch of people whom gave me some good rep points.

I'm a lifetime member now. :slight_smile: I think I was the first and fastest, but I could be wrong so please don't quote me there. :wink:

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I earned the vast majority of my points from help others just like yourself.

Simple queries from how to disable user registration up to complex troubleshooting and debugging. You don't have to be an expert to help others, just give them your insight, what you have learnt and if in the process you help them, then they may reward you. :slight_smile:

There are always new people coming along to WordPress, as you learn more about the user interface I'm sure you could pass that knowledge on. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.